X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the prevous post, I gave you the code to download from my site.i.e
    Code:

net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
    Currently, there is no simple way to drop a variable from one model and include it in others.
    Regards
    --------------------------------------------------
    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
    Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
    FinTechProfessor.com
    https://asdocx.com
    Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
    For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Thanks! Now I am getting
      Code:
      func_nested_reg():  3200  conformability error  
                       <istmt>:     -  function returned error
      Attaching do fine and data file: https://send.firefox.com/download/45...-V37Wne0evyyfQ
      Thank you for your help!

Stata SE/17.0, Windows 10 Enterprise

Comment

Originally posted by Pratap Pundir View Post
        Thanks! Now I am getting
        Code:
        func_nested_reg(): 3200 conformability error
        <istmt>: - function returned error
        Attaching do fine and data file: https://send.firefox.com/download/45...-V37Wne0evyyfQ
        Hmmm....looks like this problem occurs only if I run the file again. On closing Stata, and restarting Stata/do file, it ran just fine...

But I do have another question: If I am running a time-series or longitudinal regression with lags, e.g. l(0/12), is it possible to export a sum of the lagged coefficients?
        Thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Pratap Pundir View Post
          If I am running a time-series or longitudinal regression with lags, e.g. l(0/12), is it possible to export a sum of the lagged coefficients?
          Attaullah?
          Thank you for your help!

Comment

Where do you want to report the sum of the lagged coefficients? Inside the regression table or outside?
            Regards
            Attaullah Shah, PhD.
            FinTechProfessor.com
            For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
              Where do you want to report the sum of the lagged coefficients? Inside the regression table or outside?
              Inside, when I export the result to a nested table.
              Thank you for your help!

Comment

In this blog post, I have shown how to report additional statistics with option add(). The idea is to write the required statistic to a macro and then add the description text, a comma, and the macro inside the add() option.

So if we were to report the mean of the dependent variable (price in the following example), we would type:
                Code:
                sysuse auto, clear
                sum price
                loc value = `r(mean)'
                asdoc reg price weight trunk rep78, nest add(Mean of Price, `value') replace
                Regards
                Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

I want to thank you so much for your work and the willingness to share it with us. I am trying a way to export the tables from cs or ir commands, especially when I want to stratify it by other variables, but I found it very difficult. Do you have any plans to make it work with asdoc command? Thank you!

Comment

Cosmin Sandulescu
                    Thanks for your kind words. I never came across these commands and hence I am completely blank on how these are used and how the results are usually reported. I think I can start with small steps with your help. Therefore, if you can kindly show me:
                    1. a command,
                    2. some example dataset,
                    3. and a manually formatted table of the results which I shall then try to use as a template for the given command.

You can reach me at [email protected] in this regard.
                    Regards
                    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                    FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Thanks, Attaullah! I am wondering if it is possible to format the summary table. For example, I wanted to include commas in the summary stats (so it is 1,234 rather than 1234), using the following code doesn't seem to work.
                      codes:
                      Code:
                      asdoc sum exp male, format(%12.2fc) replace

Comment

This feature will be available in the premium version of asdoc. See details here
                        https://fintechprofessor.com/stata-programs/asdocx/
                        Regards
                        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                        FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Can I tell asdoc the alignment of the text I am exporting?
                          Code:
                          asdoc, text(My text) fs(16) font(Garamond) align(center) replace save($workroot/asdoc.doc)
                          didn't do the trick. Also tried fa, ta, ha, halign.
                          Thank you for your help!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, I have noted it.
                            Regards
                            Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                            FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

asdoc is so very helpful, especially with nested tables...I can't imagine the horror of doing nested tables manually (putdocx doesn't do nested tables). Much simpler than outreg2.

It would be nice to be able to export charts. (if it can already do that, please share how, because the usual format of sticking a "asdoc" in front of the command doesn't seem to do it). I've tried with lroc, teffects overlap etc. putdocx shines here, as it is able to easily send charts to doc files.

I particularly struggle with asdoc with marginsplot
                              not only does asdoc not send marginsplot to doc file
                              but it prevents marginsplot from running (marginsplot says that the previous command was not a margins command)...as a workaround, i run margins with asdoc first and then without asdoc before i run marginsplot.

asdoc also seems to strucggle with pwcorr and ivreg2
                              ivreg2 has become super important in the last 5 years or so, and compatibility with it would be highly appreciated.

Finally, it would be nice if we didn't have to keep defining the output file in every single command.
                              Let us declare the output file path name via a command, so that you can keep writing to that particular file till we provide another declaration for file path name.

In terms of formatting suggestions, it would be nice to be able to tell asdoc the page size, margins, whether to include page numbers.
                              Would be very cool to be able to define a "base" text size and then refer to text sizes in reference to this base size, like `em` in css.
                              https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_units.asp
                              Thank you for your help!

Comment

In fact, it would be amazing if you could somehow make asdoc work with putdocx, so that we can pick and choose the functions of each...then we can write nested tables to the file with asdoc and send the charts with putdocx into the same file.

To be sure, it's not straightforward, since asdoc writes to the doc file on the go, while putdocx presumably stores the output in memory and sends to the word file all in one go...
                                Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
                                X