• Time
  • Show
Clear All

P.S. The code posted by you
    Code:
    webuse lutkepohl2  
    tsset  
    global wordfile Regressions  
    asdoc reg dln_inv dln_inc L(0/2).dln_consump i.qtr, add(Year FE, Yes) drop(i.qtr) save($wordfile) nest cnames(CS 2Lag) replace  
    asdoc reg dln_inv dln_inc L(0/2).dln_consump, add(Year FE, No)  save($wordfile) nest cnames(CS 2Lag)
    does not return an error, but doesn't work as expected either. For one, `drop(i.qtr)` doesn't work - the exported Word file lists quarters 3 to 91, regardless.
    Last edited by Pratap Pundir; 19 Mar 2019, 05:15.
    Thank you for your help!

Stata SE/17.0, Windows 10 Enterprise

Comment

Dear Dr,

And for Anova?...
      Regards

Comment

Pratap Pundir My mistake, not asdoc's in post #15. The code drop(i.qtr) should be included either in each line or in the last line. Following is the correct code.
        webuse lutkepohl2
        Code:
        tsset  
        global wordfile Regressions  
        asdoc reg dln_inv dln_inc L(0/2).dln_consump i.qtr, add(Year FE, Yes) save($wordfile) nest cnames(CS 2Lag) replace  
        asdoc reg dln_inv dln_inc L(0/2).dln_consump, add(Year FE, No)  save($wordfile) nest cnames(CS 2Lag) drop(i.qtr)
        Second, I had asked for the data set, however, you have posted the do file.
        Regards
        --------------------------------------------------
        Attaullah Shah, PhD.
        Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
        FinTechProfessor.com
        https://asdocx.com
        Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
        For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Rodrigo Badilla As promised, all future additions will be made to asdox, please keep visiting this page for updates. https://fintechprofessor.com/stata-programs/asdocx/
          Regards
          Attaullah Shah, PhD.
          FinTechProfessor.com
          For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
            drop(i.qtr) should be included either in each line or in the last line.
            Yes, the new code drops the quarters. Thanks! Perhaps include this info in the documentation.

I had asked for the data set, however, you have posted the do file.
            As mentioned in a previous message

Originally posted by Pratap Pundir View Post
            The data set is from World Bank, being pulled directly.
            Specifically, line 21
            Code:
            wbopendata, indicator(EN.ATM.CO2E.KT;SP.POP.TOTL;NY.GDP.PCAP.KN;AG.LND.FRST.ZS;AG.LND.AGRI.ZS) long clear
            gets data directly from World Bank. There is no initial data file to import aside from this...
            Thank you for your help!

Comment

drop(i.qtr) should be included either in each line or in the last line
              What if what I want to drop occurs differs by each nested model, and for some I don't want to drop anything?
              So, for example, if I am doing a bunch of regressions, including couple of FE models, and want to drop _const from the FE models, but not from the other models, how do I go about it? Based on your explanation, if I put the drop(_cons) in the last line/model, then it will be removed from all, which is not what I want. Alternatively, I can add drop() to all models, except the FE models, where I add drop(_cons), but there the problem is that drop() doesn't work.
              Thank you for your help!

Comment

Also, 2 issues about citation:
                1. Can you add an option `cite` that adds the citation below the exported output/table? In fact, would be nice if the option had parameters for format, e.g. cite(APA), cite(Harvard), etc
                2. Current suggested citation
                Shah, A. (2018). "asdoc: Create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output"
                is a bit sales-y. Perhaps a more academic/factual citation/credit such as
                Shah, A. (2018). "Stata table exported to Word with asdoc"
                Thank you for your help!

Comment

Pratap Pundir good suggestions, thanks for taking interest in asdoc and pointing out areas for further improvements.
                  Regards
                  Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                  FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Attaullah Shah Any word on #20 https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...83#post1489083
                    Thank you for your help!

Comment

I tried to use your do file, however, the wbopendata program produces the following error and I cannot proceed.
                      Code:
                      command _countrymetadata is unrecognized
                      Regards
                      Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                      FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

the wbopendata program produces the following error and I cannot proceed.
                        Code:
                        command _countrymetadata is unrecognized
                        Probably your install wasn't completed properly. Kindly install wpopendata from ssc again, and retry.

I have been using wbopendata for a long time, and have never had a problem.

Additionally, with respect to exporting xtreg, kindly advise how to choose which R^2 estimate (overall, within and between) to report in the table (on screen, Stata reports all 3).

Thank you for your help!

Comment

I installed it thrice, however, I am getting the same error. Since your copy is working fine, can you please download the data and send it to me through a Dropbox link.
                          Regards
                          Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                          FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

I installed it thrice, however, I am getting the same error.
                            Perhaps incompatible with your version of Stata (I have v15.1 and it works like a charm)
                            can you please download the data and send it to me
                            Here it is https://send.firefox.com/download/ae...HBYnTV5KOWWziA
                            If you use my .do file, just comment out lines 21 and 22.
                            Thank you for your help!

Comment

Pratap Pundir I have corrected the mentioned bug. Version 2.3.3.4 can be downloaded from my site. Once the version is stable, I shall send it to the SSC. Thanks for reporting this

Code:
                              net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
                              Regards
                              Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                              FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Attaullah Shah Thanks for the quick fix. Much appreciated. Kindly advise how to get the new version from your website - I don't see a download link. At https://fintechprofessor.com/2018/01/31/asdoc/ I only see an ssc install command.

Also, please advise how to drop something (e.g. _cons) from one model, but drop nothing in the other models...
                                Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
                                X