Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asdoc: version update - New features of font, table header formatting, etc. Export results to Word from Stata

Version 2.3.3.2, dated Feb 23, 2019, is finally here, thanks for Kit Baum for updating it on SSC. This new version brings significant improvements to existing routines and introduces a few new features. Summary of these is given below and details can be found on my webpage here. If you have not used asdoc previously, I would encourage you to read this half page quick start to asdoc.

To update
    Code:
    ssc install asdoc, replace
    help asdoc
    New Features

1. Font style

2. Formatting the header row and header column

3. Revamped the tabulation commands (really elegant tables now) - Watch YouTube Video

4. Revamped the table command (really elegant tables now)

5. Extending the detailed regression tables [ Read further details here]

5.1 Added confidence intervals to the detailed regression tables
    5.2 Added an option for customizing the significance starts
    5.3 Added an option for suppressing significance stars
    5.4 Added an option for suppressing confidence intervals

6. Adding support for macOS

6. Improving the output from proportion command

7. Support added for the logistic family of regressions

8. Improving table outputs of non-standard outputs i.e. multilevel models

9. eform() option added to nested tables

Future Plans

It is now almost a year in developing and constantly adding features to asdoc. I think I would stop here and start working on a premium version of asdoc that would be more flexible in making customized tables. It will also be able to export the output tables to Word, Excel, plain text, CSV, and LaTeX formats. I plan to name the premium version as asdocx.
    I would appreciate your suggestions and comments here on this post or sent directly to my email address attaullah.shah@imsciences.edu.pk

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Cosmin Sandulescu
    Thanks for your kind words. I never came across these commands and hence I am completely blank on how these are used and how the results are usually reported. I think I can start with small steps with your help. Therefore, if you can kindly show me:
    1. a command,
    2. some example dataset,
    3. and a manually formatted table of the results which I shall then try to use as a template for the given command.

You can reach me at attaullah.shah@imsciences.edu.pk in this regard.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmin Sandulescu
    replied
    I want to thank you so much for your work and the willingness to share it with us. I am trying a way to export the tables from cs or ir commands, especially when I want to stratify it by other variables, but I found it very difficult. Do you have any plans to make it work with asdoc command? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    In this blog post, I have shown how to report additional statistics with option add(). The idea is to write the required statistic to a macro and then add the description text, a comma, and the macro inside the add() option.

So if we were to report the mean of the dependent variable (price in the following example), we would type:
    Code:
    sysuse auto, clear
    sum price
    loc value = `r(mean)'
    asdoc reg price weight trunk rep78, nest add(Mean of Price, `value') replace

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
    Where do you want to report the sum of the lagged coefficients? Inside the regression table or outside?
    Inside, when I export the result to a nested table.

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Where do you want to report the sum of the lagged coefficients? Inside the regression table or outside?

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Originally posted by Pratap Pundir View Post
    If I am running a time-series or longitudinal regression with lags, e.g. l(0/12), is it possible to export a sum of the lagged coefficients?
    Attaullah?

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Originally posted by Pratap Pundir View Post
    Thanks! Now I am getting
    Code:
    func_nested_reg(): 3200 conformability error
    <istmt>: - function returned error
    Attaching do fine and data file: https://send.firefox.com/download/45...-V37Wne0evyyfQ
    Hmmm....looks like this problem occurs only if I run the file again. On closing Stata, and restarting Stata/do file, it ran just fine...

But I do have another question: If I am running a time-series or longitudinal regression with lags, e.g. l(0/12), is it possible to export a sum of the lagged coefficients?

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Thanks! Now I am getting
    Code:
    func_nested_reg():  3200  conformability error  
                     <istmt>:     -  function returned error
    Attaching do fine and data file: https://send.firefox.com/download/45...-V37Wne0evyyfQ

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    In the prevous post, I gave you the code to download from my site.i.e
    Code:

net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
    Currently, there is no simple way to drop a variable from one model and include it in others.

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Attaullah Shah Thanks for the quick fix. Much appreciated. Kindly advise how to get the new version from your website - I don't see a download link. At https://fintechprofessor.com/2018/01/31/asdoc/ I only see an ssc install command.

Also, please advise how to drop something (e.g. _cons) from one model, but drop nothing in the other models...

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Pratap Pundir I have corrected the mentioned bug. Version 2.3.3.4 can be downloaded from my site. Once the version is stable, I shall send it to the SSC. Thanks for reporting this

Code:
    net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    I installed it thrice, however, I am getting the same error.
    Perhaps incompatible with your version of Stata (I have v15.1 and it works like a charm)
    can you please download the data and send it to me
    Here it is https://send.firefox.com/download/ae...HBYnTV5KOWWziA
    If you use my .do file, just comment out lines 21 and 22.

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    I installed it thrice, however, I am getting the same error. Since your copy is working fine, can you please download the data and send it to me through a Dropbox link.

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    the wbopendata program produces the following error and I cannot proceed.
    Code:
    command _countrymetadata is unrecognized
    Probably your install wasn't completed properly. Kindly install wpopendata from ssc again, and retry.

I have been using wbopendata for a long time, and have never had a problem.

Additionally, with respect to exporting xtreg, kindly advise how to choose which R^2 estimate (overall, within and between) to report in the table (on screen, Stata reports all 3).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X