Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gorkem Aksaray View Post

Thanks. Also realized changing color scheme in preferences doesn't seem to apply in Data Editor. In addition, perhaps related, when Mac switches to dark mode, Data Editor stays as white background and bright colored text.
    That was fixed too. That happens if you switch dark mode settings in the middle of a Stata session. It doesn't happen in you've already launched Stata in dark mode.
    -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

Originally posted by Chinh Nguyen (StataCorp) View Post

That was fixed too. That happens if you switch dark mode settings in the middle of a Stata session. It doesn't happen in you've already launched Stata in dark mode.
      Thanks. Any info about when it will be patched? As it stands now, the filtering function seems to be significantly compromised, which makes it challenging to effectively use it. I'd appreciate any updates regarding when we can expect a resolution.

In addition, I believe I have identified another potential issue related to cell selection in the Data Editor when filtering is active. Let me illustrate this with an example: In previous versions of Stata, if I selected a cell in the Data Editor while the filter was on, then turned off the filter, the original cell would remain selected. For instance, if I filtered by "caseid == 15" and selected a cell (let's say the cell in the second row and the third column), then deactivated the filter, I would expect that cell ("caseid == 15") to remain selected, but now with the entire dataset visible since the filter is off.

However, in the current version, it appears the selection is only positional within the view. Following the example above, after turning off the filter, the cell corresponding to "caseid == 15" isn't selected anymore. Instead, the cell in the second row and third column remains highlighted, regardless of its corresponding value. This seems to be a deviation from the previous versions' functionality.

Could you please look into this? Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorkem Aksaray View Post

Thanks. Any info about when it will be patched? As it stands now, the filtering function seems to be significantly compromised, which makes it challenging to effectively use it. I'd appreciate any updates regarding when we can expect a resolution.
        An update will be available very soon. I can't give a definitive timeline as things can change.

In addition, I believe I have identified another potential issue related to cell selection in the Data Editor when filtering is active. Let me illustrate this with an example: In previous versions of Stata, if I selected a cell in the Data Editor while the filter was on, then turned off the filter, the original cell would remain selected. For instance, if I filtered by "caseid == 15" and selected a cell (let's say the cell in the second row and the third column), then deactivated the filter, I would expect that cell ("caseid == 15") to remain selected, but now with the entire dataset visible since the filter is off.

However, in the current version, it appears the selection is only positional within the view. Following the example above, after turning off the filter, the cell corresponding to "caseid == 15" isn't selected anymore. Instead, the cell in the second row and third column remains highlighted, regardless of its corresponding value. This seems to be a deviation from the previous versions' functionality.
        We're looking into this but a fix definitely won't make the next update.
        -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

Chinh Nguyen (StataCorp) Two other issues I can identify in Stata 18. First, under Properties tab both in main window and Data Editor, there is Value label section with two buttons to change current value label and browse all labels. They don't seem clickable anymore (at least I can't). Second, in Data Editor, under Variables section, we have Name and Label columns. Resizing these do not stick anymore -- close and reopen the Data Editor and column sizes reset to default.

Comment

Hi Chinh Nguyen (StataCorp),

By default, administrative credentials are required to update Stata. I wonder if there is a setting to grant admin privileges for updating Stata so that the prompt for admin credentials is not required when using the command "-update all-" or something similar. Thank you.

Comment

I just installed Stata 18 on WIndows 11 and encounter a strange issue. For some reason, .do and .dta files are not associated with Stata. When I try to add this association manually by selecting "StataSE-64.exe", it just won't work. The app will be listed with no Stata icon, and it just won't open a .do file or a .dta file. Any suggestions what the issue may be and how to fix it?

Comment

Pawel Charasz This is something you should contact StataCorp's tech support about. Posting it here is unlikely to prove helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Schechter View Post
                  Pawel Charasz This is something you should contact StataCorp's tech support about. Posting it here is unlikely to prove helpful.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will do that.

Comment

Working...
                  X