X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Happy to know that tzok worked for you.
    Users of asdoc may also like asdocx, that is more powerful and flexible. It has a nominal fee. This fee will support further development of asdoc and asdocx.

Leave a comment:

• tanveer ahsan
    replied
    Dear Professor,
    Thanks for your time and the reply. I just came to know that using "tzok" can provide equal decimals. Thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• tanveer ahsan
    replied
    here is the code

asdoc xtabond2 ROA_w l.ROA_w SZ_w TBL_w GR1_w TAN_w LQ_w EPU2 d_high_pdi d_high_pdi_EPU2 CR i.Country_Code, gmmstyle(l.ROA_w TBL_w SZ_w GR1_w) ivstyle( TAN_w LQ_w EPU2 d_high_pdi d_high_pdi_EPU2 CR i.Country_Code, equation(level)) twostep ///
    add(Crisis Effect, Yes, Country Effect, Yes) stat(N_g, chi2, sargan, sarganp, hansen, hansenp, ar1, ar1p, ar2, ar2p) title(Regression Analysis) drop(CR i.Country_Code) save(EPU2_CUL_ROA) nest replace ///

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Can you please post the code that you used to generate the above table.?

Leave a comment:

• tanveer ahsan
    replied
    Dear Professor,
    I have been using asdoc with state 15.1 SE successfully, however, last month I updated the state and having a problem with the decimal values. Now, I am unable to get 0 before the decimal. Such as 0.125. The updated version just shows .125.
    Please guide.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Asdoc.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1601856

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    In fact, it would be amazing if you could somehow make asdoc work with putdocx, so that we can pick and choose the functions of each...then we can write nested tables to the file with asdoc and send the charts with putdocx into the same file.

To be sure, it's not straightforward, since asdoc writes to the doc file on the go, while putdocx presumably stores the output in memory and sends to the word file all in one go...

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    asdoc is so very helpful, especially with nested tables...I can't imagine the horror of doing nested tables manually (putdocx doesn't do nested tables). Much simpler than outreg2.

It would be nice to be able to export charts. (if it can already do that, please share how, because the usual format of sticking a "asdoc" in front of the command doesn't seem to do it). I've tried with lroc, teffects overlap etc. putdocx shines here, as it is able to easily send charts to doc files.

I particularly struggle with asdoc with marginsplot
    not only does asdoc not send marginsplot to doc file
    but it prevents marginsplot from running (marginsplot says that the previous command was not a margins command)...as a workaround, i run margins with asdoc first and then without asdoc before i run marginsplot.

asdoc also seems to strucggle with pwcorr and ivreg2
    ivreg2 has become super important in the last 5 years or so, and compatibility with it would be highly appreciated.

Finally, it would be nice if we didn't have to keep defining the output file in every single command.
    Let us declare the output file path name via a command, so that you can keep writing to that particular file till we provide another declaration for file path name.

In terms of formatting suggestions, it would be nice to be able to tell asdoc the page size, margins, whether to include page numbers.
    Would be very cool to be able to define a "base" text size and then refer to text sizes in reference to this base size, like `em` in css.
    https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_units.asp

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestion, I have noted it.

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Can I tell asdoc the alignment of the text I am exporting?
    Code:
    asdoc, text(My text) fs(16) font(Garamond) align(center) replace save($workroot/asdoc.doc)
    didn't do the trick. Also tried fa, ta, ha, halign.

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    This feature will be available in the premium version of asdoc. See details here
    https://fintechprofessor.com/stata-programs/asdocx/

Leave a comment:

• Claire Cui
    replied
    Thanks, Attaullah! I am wondering if it is possible to format the summary table. For example, I wanted to include commas in the summary stats (so it is 1,234 rather than 1234), using the following code doesn't seem to work.
    codes:
    Code:
    asdoc sum exp male, format(%12.2fc) replace

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    Cosmin Sandulescu
    Thanks for your kind words. I never came across these commands and hence I am completely blank on how these are used and how the results are usually reported. I think I can start with small steps with your help. Therefore, if you can kindly show me:
    1. a command,
    2. some example dataset,
    3. and a manually formatted table of the results which I shall then try to use as a template for the given command.

You can reach me at [email protected] in this regard.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmin Sandulescu
    replied
    I want to thank you so much for your work and the willingness to share it with us. I am trying a way to export the tables from cs or ir commands, especially when I want to stratify it by other variables, but I found it very difficult. Do you have any plans to make it work with asdoc command? Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Attaullah Shah
    replied
    In this blog post, I have shown how to report additional statistics with option add(). The idea is to write the required statistic to a macro and then add the description text, a comma, and the macro inside the add() option.

So if we were to report the mean of the dependent variable (price in the following example), we would type:
    Code:
    sysuse auto, clear
    sum price
    loc value = `r(mean)'
    asdoc reg price weight trunk rep78, nest add(Mean of Price, `value') replace

Leave a comment:

• Pratap Pundir
    replied
    Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
    Where do you want to report the sum of the lagged coefficients? Inside the regression table or outside?
    Inside, when I export the result to a nested table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X