Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Professor,
    I have been using asdoc with state 15.1 SE successfully, however, last month I updated the state and having a problem with the decimal values. Now, I am unable to get 0 before the decimal. Such as 0.125. The updated version just shows .125.
    Please guide.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Asdoc.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1601856

Comment

Can you please post the code that you used to generate the above table.?
      Regards
      --------------------------------------------------
      Attaullah Shah, PhD.
      Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
      FinTechProfessor.com
      https://asdocx.com
      Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
      For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

here is the code

asdoc xtabond2 ROA_w l.ROA_w SZ_w TBL_w GR1_w TAN_w LQ_w EPU2 d_high_pdi d_high_pdi_EPU2 CR i.Country_Code, gmmstyle(l.ROA_w TBL_w SZ_w GR1_w) ivstyle( TAN_w LQ_w EPU2 d_high_pdi d_high_pdi_EPU2 CR i.Country_Code, equation(level)) twostep ///
        add(Crisis Effect, Yes, Country Effect, Yes) stat(N_g, chi2, sargan, sarganp, hansen, hansenp, ar1, ar1p, ar2, ar2p) title(Regression Analysis) drop(CR i.Country_Code) save(EPU2_CUL_ROA) nest replace ///

Comment

Dear Professor,
          Thanks for your time and the reply. I just came to know that using "tzok" can provide equal decimals. Thank you very much

Comment

Happy to know that tzok worked for you.
            Users of asdoc may also like asdocx, that is more powerful and flexible. It has a nominal fee. This fee will support further development of asdoc and asdocx.
            Regards
            Attaullah Shah, PhD.
            FinTechProfessor.com
            For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Thanks, dear Professor.

Comment

@Attaullah Shah
                Dear Professor,
                I get problem with summarize command
                Code:
                use hoaThesis.dta, clear
                asdoc sum
                Below is the link to the data. Please kindly take a look and give me your advice.
                Thanks!

I used Stata 16 MP on Windows 10

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ybsful2l0...hesis.dta?dl=0
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Son Thanh Nguyen; 08 Apr 2021, 19:15. Reason: Upload Attachments

Comment

Error code
                  Code:
                  invalid syntax
                  r(198);

Comment

Thanks for reporting this. The error message was caused by the variable AB that has all empty values. Anyway, i have fixed the bug. The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
                    Code:
                    net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
                    Please note that the above line has to be copied in full.

asdocx is now available
                    A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

https://fintechprofessor.com/asdocx

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
                    Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
                    Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.
                    Regards
                    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                    FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Originally posted by Attaullah Shah View Post
                      Thanks for reporting this. The error message was caused by the variable AB that has all empty values. Anyway, i have fixed the bug. The new version of asdoc can be installed from my site. Copy and paste the following line in Stata and press enter.
                      Code:
                      net install asdoc, from(http://fintechprofessor.com) replace
                      Please note that the above line has to be copied in full.

asdocx is now available
                      A more powerful and flexible version of asdoc is now available. I call it asdocx. You may like to check the details here

https://fintechprofessor.com/asdocx

Please do remember to cite asdoc. To cite:

In-text citation
                      Tables were created using asdoc, a Stata program written by Shah (2018).

Bibliography
                      Shah, A. (2018). ASDOC: Stata module to create high-quality tables in MS Word from Stata output. Statistical Software Components S458466, Boston College Department of Economics.
                      Dear Professor,
                      Well noted with many thanks for your quick reply!
                      Best regards,

Comment

Please, how can I use asdoc for VECM reuslts such as vec or var?

Thanks!

Comment

Since the varsoc command leaves a Stata matrix behind, you can use the wmat command of asdoc to send this Stata matrix to the output file. Here is an example

Code:
                          webuse lutkepohl2
                          varsoc dln_inv dln_inc dln_consump
                          mat stats = r(stats)
                          asdoc wmat, mat(stats) replace

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1604716
                          Regards
                          Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                          FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Name:	image_27896.png
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1672331
                            I just upgraded to Stata 17 and I am getting this error when I am using asdoc. Any idea why? This is after a correlate command. I have the most recent version installed.
                            Last edited by Diana Hechavarria; 05 Jul 2022, 22:52.

Comment

Hello Diana
                              Can you please post the asdoc code that you have used. Also, can you post an example data using dataex or any other example from datasets installed with Stata e.g, sysuse auto, clear. The following example is is run on Stata 17 and asdoc version Jan 17, 2022: Version 2.3.9.7
                              Code:
                              which asdoc
                              sysuse auto, clear
                              asdoc cor, replace

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1672346
                              Regards
                              Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                              FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Dear Professor Attaullah,

I am using Stata 14. The data type of my research is panel data (unbalanced), the time period is 22 years, 5084 firms. One of my explanatory variables requires measuring stock liquidity using Corwin and Schultz (2012) and Pastor and Stambaugh.

There is SAS programming which calculates formulas. I wonder whether there is similar programming in Stata.

Therefore, I kindly ask you please to guide me on how to calculate Corwin and Schultz (2012) and Pastor and Stambaugh liquidity measures using Stata.

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X