No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another term for chibar2?

Hello,
    I am a student using Stata for a multilevel analysis, and have a question about "chibar2". When I report the results of the likelihood ratio test (i.e., chibar2(01)=730.79, p<.001), is there another term that can be used? I was told that "chibar2" doesn't have much meaning for those who don't use Stata.

I appreciate your help!

Janis

It's shorthand for "chi-bar-square" or "chi-bar-squared".
    Last edited by Steve Samuels; 13 Jan 2018, 17:48.
    Steve Samuels
    Statistical Consulting
    [email protected]

Stata 14.2

Comment

I believe that the test is actually a restricted likelihood ratio test for the variance component - the random effect, basically. The asymptotic distribution of the test statistic is a 50:50 mixture of a point mass at 0 and a chi-square test with 1 df. You can describe it as such. If your data have a bona fide nesting structure and your intra class correlation is not zero, then I don't think it's critical to report the restricted LR test statistic.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf
      Be aware that it can be very hard to answer a question without sample data. You can use the dataex command for this. Type help dataex at the command line.

When presenting code or results, please use the code delimiters format them. Use the # button on the formatting toolbar, between the " (double quote) and <> buttons.

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
        X