No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another term for chibar2?

Hello,
    I am a student using Stata for a multilevel analysis, and have a question about "chibar2". When I report the results of the likelihood ratio test (i.e., chibar2(01)=730.79, p<.001), is there another term that can be used? I was told that "chibar2" doesn't have much meaning for those who don't use Stata.

I appreciate your help!

Janis

It's shorthand for "chi-bar-square" or "chi-bar-squared".
    Last edited by Steve Samuels; 13 Jan 2018, 17:48.
    Steve Samuels
    Statistical Consulting
    sjsamuels@gmail.com

Stata 14.2

Comment

I believe that the test is actually a restricted likelihood ratio test for the variance component - the random effect, basically. The asymptotic distribution of the test statistic is a 50:50 mixture of a point mass at 0 and a chi-square test with 1 df. You can describe it as such. If your data have a bona fide nesting structure and your intra class correlation is not zero, then I don't think it's critical to report the restricted LR test statistic.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf
      Please use the code delimiters to show code and results - use the # button on the formatting toolbar, between the " (double quote) and <> buttons.

Please use the command -dataex- to show a representative sample of data; it is installed already if you have Stata 14.2 or 15.1, else you can install it by typing

Code:
      ssc install dataex

Comment

Thank you both!

Comment

Working...
        X