Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to export stata result to word file

respected Member, i am facing problem in copying stata result to word file. when i copy a table from stata and paste in word, the structure of the table break down. is there any command or method from where i can export result to word?

There are many alternatives for copying results from Stata to Word. If you are using regression analysis, outreg2 is a good choice. If you are using other statistics, you can use estout or logout programs. All these programs are available from SSC, you can download them by

Code:
    ssc install outreg2
    ssc install estout
    ssc install logout
    If you want to directly copy results from the Stata results' window, and want the results to show in MS Word as they apear in Stata, copy the results, paste in MS Word, and then format the text as following
    Font : Courier New
    Font size : 9
    Regards
    --------------------------------------------------
    Attaullah Shah, PhD.
    Professor of Finance, Institute of Management Sciences Peshawar, Pakistan
    FinTechProfessor.com
    https://asdocx.com
    Check out my asdoc program, which sends outputs to MS Word.
    For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

You may also wish to take a look at the SSC tabout. Hopefully the examples found this presentation will be helpful as well.
      Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

thank you Attaullah Shah and Marcos Almeida for sharing your knowledge.

Comment

Dear all,

I've been using outreg2 up until now for my regression outputs. I now need to create a summary statistics table and am unable to do this using outreg2.

I get the output I desire using the following code with tabstat: tabstat x1 x2 x3, by(year) stat(mean) (The output is however not very aestethic.)

Is there therefore any way I can do this using outreg2 to get a "prettier" table?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
          Jay

Comment

Putexcel is also a great function having flexibility as compared to the other functions but would require lots of coding

Comment

With asdoc (available from SSC), It is much easier now to send Stata output to MS Word. See this Statalist post
              Regards
              Attaullah Shah, PhD.
              FinTechProfessor.com
              For more flexibility, consider using asdocx which can send Stata outputs to MS Word, Excel, LaTeX, or HTML.

Comment

Thank you very much Attaullah Shah and Marcos Almeida!! I have learned a lot from your posts.
                With Best Wishes,Hassen

Comment

I have used asdoc sum, with very good tables in Word. I have thus learnt from this forum.

Comment

Thank you very much Attaullah Shah. asdoc command can create summarize table, corr table and regression tables easily in words doc. This command safe my time a lot.

Comment

Albert Otete and Myo Win thanks for your feedback on asdoc usefulness.
                      Regards
                      Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                      FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Dear Attaullah
                        Is there a possibility to use asdoc on Stata version 11? That would have been also very helpful as my version is old.
                        Thanks

Comment

Since r(table) (used with regressions) was introduced in Stata 12, I have limited asdoc to Stata 12 or above. However, if you do not need to export regression tables with asdoc, then you can open the asdoc.ado file from the installation folder, replace version 12 with version 11 and it will work even with Stata 11.
                          Regards
                          Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                          FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

When I try to use asdoc ttest I get an error message that command aseploc is unrecognized. Seems to work fine with other commands. I'm using the latest version of Stata and just downloaded asdoc. And I get the error message if I simply try to execute the command from the help file. And idea what might be happening?

Comment

I solved this problem in Post 7 of this thread https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...stata-commands

The solution is also copied below:

The problem is that I forgot to add aseploc program in the asdoc files. In the next update, I shall add it. For time being, you can install the program from my website, type the following in Stata command window.

Code:
                              Code:

net install aseploc, from(http://FinTechProfessor.com)
                              Regards
                              Attaullah Shah, PhD.
                              FinTechProfessor.com

Comment

Working...
                              X