No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to open stata 14 files in Stata 12-13

Hello,

I am using stata12 and stata13, both are up to date.

I try to open stata 14 file in stata 13.1 and get an error like ".dta too modern". I tried to open the same file by using use13 command in stata 12, but this did not work as well. I have attached the file, which originally was shared here. Could you say, is there any way that i may open it?

Kind Regards,
    Dias
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Said Jafar; 14 Feb 2016, 09:41. Reason: Added file

I can think of two ways: (1) whomever gave you the version 14 data set should save it use the saveold command; (2) use StatTransfer

Comment

Since you downloaded the file from Statalist, I'm thinking you may have wanted it to study the technique discussed in the topic you got it from. With that in mind, I downloaded the original, saved it in Stata13 format, then attached it here. I no longer have access to Stata 13, so I haven't tested this.

The general answer to your question, though, remains as Rich said: to read Stata 14 datasets, you must either upgrade Stata or purchase the current version of StataTransfer.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by William Lisowski; 14 Feb 2016, 10:48.

Comment

Dear Rich,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to obtain StatTransfer.

Regards,
        Dias

Comment

Dear William,

Thanks a million for your assistance. You were right, i wanted study the given technique and your file worked perfectly for that. Highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
          Dias

Comment

Working...
          X