No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construct dummy

Hello Statalists,

I am working on a corporate finance project where I analyze the effect of M&A deals on listed companies. I've downloaded data from orbis, but I can't figure out how to define the dummy I need to isolate the effect of the different deals. The data I have downloaded from Orbis has no years attached to the variables and that is actually what makes it impossible for me to figure it out. I am working with a pre- and post-merger period, which I would like to be able to isolate. Can anyone help?? THANKS.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lars Aabenhus; 01 Apr 2024, 05:44. Reason: I have uploaded a screenshot of one variable example.

Welcome to the Stata Forum. Are you aware that you are asking this question in the sub section "Mata" that discusses specifically questions to Stata's Mata program? I believe that your question belongs to the sub section "General".

Concerning the data you are trying to show us: Please, don't attach files like you did -- please read the complete Stata's FAQ (and especially #12) before posting!

Comment

Working...
    X