No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with graphs

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue. I have a dataset of around 500,000 obs. for the period 1990-2020. I have to do some descriptive analysis of the average annual working hours for the period of 1990-2020. I am looking at the overtime difference (trend) of annual working hours between East and West for women. The variable I have for annual working hours is for individuals, however I need the average. I tried to generate the average by using the egen command and bysorting by year and region and I created a twoway line graph based on the new variable that I generated. However, I need to include weights in this graph. Stata does not allow me to use weights when generating the new variable, and nothing changes in the graph when I include weights in the code for my graph.

I know there is another way to do this without generating a new variable which allows me to look at the average overtime and also allows me to include weights, but I cannot figure out the alternative.

Would appreciate any help.
    Thank you in advance.

Also posted in the Statalist General Forum, a more appropriate location for this discussion.

https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...hts-and-graphs

This Statalist's Mata Forum, which is used for discussions of Stata's Mata language, which is different than Stata's command language.

Comment

Working...
    X