Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Optimization

What would be the most efficient way to optimize memory usage in Stata?

We are running some project to perform economic studies which consist of about 10 members using the Stata software. We are managing and operating a Windows Server with a memory capacity of 128GB and each user is accessing the server through the remote desktop. Under these circumstances, we are facing the insufficient memory capacity problem. Even if some user wanted to utilize much more memory, we can not set the maximum memory so large since the memory is shared with other users. Therefore, we need to consider some efficient ways to optimize memory usage in Stata.

For the improvement of performance, there are several solutions exist. For instance, ftools and gtools packages provide a fast implementation of various Stata commands using hashes and C plugins.

However, there are not so much solutions exist to optimize memory usage in Stata as far as I know. For instance, compress command reduces the size of our dataset by converting the storage type of our variables into the most efficient typology. Are there any nice ways, that could be some ado packages, for the efficient use of memory usage in Stata?

Previously posted in the General Forum, a more suitable location for this topic.

https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...y-optimization

Comment

Thanks for pointing it out my mistake. I will delete this post in this location later on.
      Last edited by Tatsuru Kikuchi; 28 Nov 2022, 22:04.

Comment

Working...
      X