No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Management - Rate & Proportion & Percent

Hi,

I have a data management question. I have a dataset where the unit of analysis is districts. I have a variable which is the proportion of the population receiving cash-based food security services, expressed as a rate. I want to turn this into a number of district population receiving cash-based food security services expressed as % of the district population. What I did was to divide the rate by the population size and multiply it by 100. But the result I get is not realistic. I did this by generating a new variable. I am really not sure what I did wrong. Any help would be extremely appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

This isn't a Mata question. So it belongs in General. If you wish to re-post there, I think you need to give a lot more information.

Please back up and read https://www.statalist.org/forums/help -- especially #12. A word description of your data is the least effective means of explaining your problem. We need to see (1) a data example (2) the exact code you used (3) why you think the result is unrealistic.

Comment

Working...
    X