Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new vce options to existing command?

Dear Statalist,

I am currently working on a project that incorporates Regression Discontinuity in Time, where time is in addition a discrete variable.

Because of the high likelihood of auto correlation in the error term, as well as the discrete nature of the running variable, I would need to incorporate HAC standard errors in the model.

In this, I have two questions:

1. I have been reviewing the code for the user-written command "rdrobust" and I notice that they denote the vce(types) in the same numbering as, for example, the conventional "regress", i.e., "robust", "hc2", "hc3". Does this mean that there are any built-in functions in STATA that allows one to call upon vce types? And, if so, is there such a function for Newey-West SEs?

2. Having little to no experience with MATA, could the incorporation of further VCE options to an existing be considered a demanding task? (i.e., is this a reasonable path, or should I try to work around it in some way).

Sincerely
    Johan Karlsson

For starters, you could look at the documentation for the _robust-command
    Code:
    help _robust
    and then the PDF documentation of it. This might give you some ideas on how to proceed.

Comment

Working...
    X