No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors when regressing System GMM

Hello all Statalists,
    I'm new to Stata and I'm learning to use it to do my thesis. Gradually, I find it's actually interesting and helpful to use Stata for regression. However, because I'm jusst a starter so I'm always confused with new type of code. Currently, I'm trying my best to regress GMM model using xtabond2 but each time I run my code it always has errors as follow:

xtabond2 cash l.cash mb size cf nwc capex lev vol rd div i.year i.sector, gmm(l.cash,lag(3 5)) iv (i.year i.sector, eq(level))

Then I receive this result:

unknown egen function max()
    stata(): 3598 Stata returned error
    xtabond2_mata(): - function returned error
    <istmt>: - function returned error

I am a new Stata user, so please forgive me if I have made any foolish mistakes and feel free to let me know. This is very important and urgent issue that I have to find solution myself. Please help me complete my thesis.

Thank you in advance! I do really hope to hearing from you soon!
    Attached Files

Welcome to Statalist.

You have posted your topic in Statalist's Mata Forum, which is used for discussions of Stata's Mata language. Your question will see a larger audience of xtabond users if you post it in Statalist's General Forum.

Also, if you have not already done so, take a look at the Statalist FAQ linked to at the top of this page for posting guidelines and suggestions.

Comment

Oh, I will post my problem in Statalist's General Forum as you mentiond. Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
      X