No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psmatch and questions about it

Hi,

I would like to investigate the effects of a natural disaster on individuals. Therefore I have been using a difference-in-difference method. My main regression so far is as given below:

Code:
    xtreg outcome_var FY2007 FY2008 FY2009 FY2011 FY2012 FY2013 didFY2007 didFY2008 didFY2009 didFY2011 didFY2012 didFY2013 if inrange(wave,2008,2014), fe
    This was I was controlling for individual fixed effects (thorugh
    Code:
    ,fe
    ), year fixed effects (through
    Code:
    FY2007 FY2008 FY2009 FY2011 FY2012 FY2013
    , and I was looking at the breakdown of the treatmenteffect (through
    Code:
    didFY2007 didFY2008 didFY2009 didFY2011 didFY2012 didFY2013
    , where each
    Code:
    didFY2007=treatment*financialyear2007

Now as an alternative way I want to use propensity score matching and want to use the
    Code:
    teffects psmatch
    code. Regarding this I have two questions:

1. I have read the manual for the function but I am not sure what the function does. I have a treatment group (
    Code:
    intreatmentgroup==1
    ) and a control group (
    Code:
    intreatmentgroup==0
    ). I want the function to match each individual from the treatment group with one individual from the control group. Therefore when I specify the function as below is this the case?

Code:
     teffects psmatch (outcome_var) (intreatmentgroup cleanedhigh1 cleanesempst hgsex hhtype cleanhstenr,probit)
    2. Does the above code mean that the function does the matching based on the variables
    Code:
    cleanedhigh1 cleanesempst hgsex hhtype cleanhsten
    ?

3. The shock has been observed in 2010. Therefore a in my difference-in-difference estimation I can look at the effects before and after the shock through
    Code:
    did=treatment*post
    where
    Code:
    is for 2010 and later. How can I do that here? Can I do that here?

4. Is it possible to control for fixed effects using
    Code:
    teffects psmatch
    , i.e. I want to control for individual as well as year fixed effects? Or is the control for individual fixed effects already done through the matching process? In that case how can I control for year fixed effects?

I know those are many questions but I have now been reading for 2-3 weeks about this and I still could not solve this issue. Any help or answer to any of the questions would be highly appreciated..

Kind regards.

You have accidentally posted your topic in Statalist's Mata Forum, which is used for discussions of Stata's Mata language. Your question will see a much larger audience if you post it in Statalist's General Forum, as you have in the past.

Comment

Thank you for informing me about that. I will immediately do that..
      Best.

Comment

Working...
      X