Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twoway Scatter help: Change range, show labels and Bisector line

Hello. I am trying to do a twoway scatter graph. The first problem i faced was that the range was not the same at both the axis. I fixed this with the xscale, yscale command. This is my command now and it works:

graph twoway scatter TurnoutFOE TurnoutSOE, xscale(range(0 100)) yscale(range(0 100))

However, I would also like to show labels for my points on the graph. This can be done with and it works:

graph twoway scatter TurnoutSOE TurnoutFOE,mlabel(Countries)

But when I try do combine them I can not do it.
    graph twoway scatter TurnoutFOE TurnoutSOE,mlabel(Countries), xscale(range(0 100)) yscale(range(0 100))

Gives me the message: Invalid varlist

graph twoway scatter TurnoutFOE TurnoutSOE, xscale(range(0 100)) yscale(range(0 100)), mlabel(Countries)

Gives me the message: Countries: may not use time-series operators on string variables

How do i solve this??

Furhtermore, I would like to also add a bisector. Meaning a 45degree line in the graph.

Can someone please help me of write the full command to make all this work?

Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Andreas

remove comma before xscale is a start in
    Code:
    graph twoway scatter TurnoutFOE TurnoutSOE,mlabel(Countries), xscale(range(0 100)) yscale(range(0 100))
    or use braces:
    Code:
    graph twoway (scatter TurnoutFOE TurnoutSOE,mlabel(Countries)), xscale(range(0 100)) yscale(range(0 100))
    Kind regards

nhb

Comment

PS Wrong fora. This is for Mata.
      Hope the above works for you
      Kind regards

nhb

Comment

Thanks Niels, yes I noticed that I posted in the wrong forum. I apologize for that but I did not want to make another thread and spam the forums.

I got it to work thank you. However, I still need help with plotting a bisector, dividing the graph. Now I am doing it manually using the graph editor but it doesnt seem like an accurate way

Comment

Is this what you need?
          Code:
          sysuse auto
          twoway (scatter price  price,mlabel(make)) (function y=x, range(0 20000)), xscale(range(0 20000)) yscale(range(0 20000))
          Kind regards

nhb

Comment

Yes, thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
            X