Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing instrumental variable analysis

I have some questions about the process of doing instrumental variable analysis, and the data interpretation to the result.
    I just read the Stata documentation about “ivprobit”.

As an Epidemiologist, the most important thing I want to know is the odds ratio (OR) of an exposure variable(X) to the disease outcome(Y).
    When I saw an example in the documentation, it shows “coef.” In the result table.

And my question is: how can I transfer the coefficient into the odds ratio?
    I just search for the command in some website, and I got this: "dis exp(Coef.)"
    Does it have an alternative way to show the odds ratio directly in the table? Or I just need to type the command that I found, and transfer them into odds ratio by myself?

My second question is: unlike the process in the command “ivregress”, which can report first-stage regression statistics by typing “estat first” or just adding “first” after the ivregress command, how can I get the first-stage regression statistics in “ivprobit”? Does it have some commands to type?
    Because the strength of the instrumental variable is also very important when I conduct the analysis by using binary dependent variables (eg. having disease or not)

I just want to say thank you in advance, to people who give me some advice.

Sincerely,
    Grace
    Last edited by Grace Wan; 15 Jan 2018, 08:44.

Wrong forum.
    Please see the reposted thread at https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...iable-analysis.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Thank you Carlo, I'm new in Statalist, not so fimilar with the forum, so I post in a wrong place
      But, overall, thanks for your answer~

Comment

Working...
      X