Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a 9*9 matrix using variables in Stata?

Hi, there
    I have sorted about 10000 firms into 4 benchmarks, and I cut each benchmark into 3 groups according to the 33% percentile, then I cut each group into 3 subgroups according to the 33% percentile again, so I have 81 bins now. The point is that I want to create a 9*9 matrix, and allocate the value of another variable(with 81 dirrerent numbers) to each bin. I have read some books and still cannot find the answer. These attachments are what I have done so far and waht I want to achieve. Anyone can help? Many thanks!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-02-03.png
Views:	1
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1372756

Attached Files
    Last edited by Kaiyi Liu; 03 Feb 2017, 11:25.

Hi, there
    I have sorted about 10000 firms into 4 benchmarks, and I cut each benchmark into 3 groups according to the 33% percentile, then I cut each group into 3 subgroups according to the 33% percentile again, so I have 81 bins now. The point is that I want to create a 9*9 matrix, and allocate the value of another variable(with 81 dirrerent numbers) to each bin. I have read some books and still cannot find the answer. These attachments are what I have done so far and waht I want to achieve. Anyone can help? Many thanks!

Comment

This is the Mata-specific forum. Post this in the Stata forum.

Comment

Working...
      X