Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instrument variable regression- when endogenous variable is categorical and dependent variable is a count data

Dear Statalisters,

Thanks for adding me to the forum to discuss my issues. I would like to inform you that I wanted to instrument variable regression as I am facing the problem of endogeneity in the model. So my two queries are:
    1. As my dependent variable is a count so can I Poisson regression in second stage?
    2. My endogenous variable is a categorical in nature categorized as "0", "1" and "2". Please let me know whether endogenous variable can be categorical or not. So that when I use the predicted value of the endogenous variable in the second stage I get the co-efficient against each category of endogenous variable.

It would be great if you could guide me through this and suggest me some articles in which the authors have done a similar thing.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

Dear Statalister,

Could you please help me out of this as soon as possible. I am waiting for your reply and hope to get a positive response.

Many regards

Kirti

Comment

Kirti, You may want to search Statalist archives first. But here is one paper by Miranda and colleagues that discusses this. http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.h...iclenum=st0107 Manish

Comment

Hey Manish,

Thanks for the information but I am not able to download the article can you please send me the pdf version of the same.

Many thanks and regards

Kirti

Comment

Also, -cmp- might be worth a look if you're willing to treat your outcome as continuous.

Comment

Links works fine at my end, but here is a pdf copy of the article.

-Manish
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Manish

Comment

Dear Kirti,

Could you please share how you managed the endogenous regression of categorical variable using poisson regression.
                The stata journal example is for dummy variable, what I have is a categorical variable with categories so am a bit confused so as to how to apply the ssm.

Please help.

Kind Regards,
                Ruchi

Comment

Working...
                X