Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-fill graphics GUI with graphics command options that were already set in a do file

I have a rather long twoway graphics command with many options that takes up 8 lines in a saved do file. I would like to make a few modifications without having to look up arcane and hard to find graphics options. It would be nice to use the twoway graphics GUI with options from my previous command pre-filled, because it is rather tedious to fill in all the details of the previous command,

Does anyone know if this is possible? If it isn't, it sure would be a nice feature.

I don't think it is possible, and I don't miss it. Can't you copy-and-paste the command from one do-file to another and make the modifications you want in the second do-file?

Comment

Depending on what you're doing you may also want to investigate creating your own graphics scheme; see help scheme

Comment

To clarify, copy-pasting as described below doesn't solve the issue:
        Originally posted by Svend Juul View Post
        I don't think it is possible, and I don't miss it. Can't you copy-and-paste the command from one do-file to another and make the modifications you want in the second do-file?
        The issue is that I want to make modifications to the twoway graphics commands that would involve options and parameters that would take awhile to look up in the documentation and adjust. With the Graphics GUI it is much quicker to do this, assuming the fields are already filled in. The problem is if you already have a command that is long and complicated, and you want to make additional complicated tweaks, you have to first enter all this into the fields of the Graphics GUI, which will take awhile. If there were a way to re-populate the fields of the Graphics GUI with an existing command, that could save a lot of time.

Comment

Working...
        X