No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twoway Default Settings

Hi All,

I am looking for help regarding twoway. It appears, that basically overnight the default options for rendering graphs changed for me, regardless of the command (see code) being exactly the same. In particular the size, alignment and placement of axis titles, as well as the size, text gap, and alignment of axis labels changed. I am aware I can change these settings in the specific twoway command, but I hope there is a more general solution, that does not involve adding more lines to my do file. I attached the old, and the current output below.

Thank you for the advice in advance.

Code:
    Code:
    twoway (rcap ci_lower ci_upper relative_time , color("`blue'")  msize(vsmall) lwidth(medthick) lpattern(solid)) ///
           (scatter beta relative_time           , color("`blue'") msize(medsmall)), /// 
           xscale(range(-5.2 5.2)) xlabel(, nogrid angle(0) labsize(small)) ///
           yscale(range(-1.5 0.5)) ylabel(-1.5(0.25)0.5, angle(0) labsize(small)) ///
           xtitle("Event Time (time since recieving above median cottages)", size(small) margin(small)) ///
           ytitle("Coefficient Estimate, 95% CI", size(small) margin(zero)) ///
           legend(off) yline(0, lp(dash) lc(gs6) lw(thin)) ///
           aspect(1) ysize(10) xsize(10)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 16.43.54.png
Views:	1
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	1752434
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 16.43.09.png
Views:	1
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	1752435

There are no issues with twoway, as far as I know (I'm running StataNow 18.5 on Windows). See if you have an issue with the default font in your system (see #13 https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...hs-in-stata-17).

Comment

One simple thing to check is what scheme you are (were) using. These are my results in Stata 18; yours may well differ.

Code:
      . query graphics
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Graphics settings
            set graphics         on
            set autotabgraphs    on
            set scheme           stcolor
            set printcolor       asis       may be automatic, asis, gs1, gs2, gs3
            set copycolor        asis       may be automatic, asis, gs1, gs2, gs3

Comment

Thank you for the quick replies. It turns out it was the same bug regarding default font on Mac as pointed out by Andrew.

Comment

Working...
        X