X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending multiple estimation results at once using one Stata command

Hello Statalist,

I used the following commands on my panel data:

by Wave, sort : regress logLast_pay Main_Activity_Sector1 Main_Activity_Sector2 Main_Activity_Sector3 Main_Activity_Sector4 Main_Activity_Sector5 Main_Activity_Sector6 Main_Activity_Sector7 Main_Activity_Sector8 Main_Activity_Sector9 Main_Activity_Sector10 Main_Activity_Sector11 Main_Activity_Sector12 Main_Activity_Sector13 Rural_Urban2

estimates store bywave1

esttab using bywave1.csv

I noticed that it was only the last of the four estimation results that was sent to Excel file.

Please what Stata command do I need to use to send all the estimation results at once to Excel file? There are four waves, and I still have a lot more of such tasks to carry out by panel id (6) such that regressing and exporting individually will take more of my time.

Thank you.

Florence Ijagbone

estout is from SSC (FAQ Advice #12). Only the last estimates in memory are exported, i.e., the -by:- prefix does not store all the estimates simultaneously. You can use levelsof instead and loop.

Code:
    estimates clear
    levelsof Wave, local(waves)
    foreach wave of local waves{
        eststo: regress logLast_pay Main_Activity_Sector1 Main_Activity_Sector2 Main_Activity_Sector3 Main_Activity_Sector4 Main_Activity_Sector5 Main_Activity_Sector6 Main_Activity_Sector7 Main_Activity_Sector8 Main_Activity_Sector9 Main_Activity_Sector10 Main_Activity_Sector11 Main_Activity_Sector12 Main_Activity_Sector13 Rural_Urban2 if Wave==`wave'
    }
    esttab est* using bywave1.csv, replace

Comment

I have used the suggested code successfully.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
      X