Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Study analysis

Im attempting to run an event study but have virtually no experience with Stata and was wondering if someone could give me a hand. I want to run an event study of variable intensity similar to the following:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 14.04.52.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1747049

But I have no idea how this should look in Stata code. I have panel data (i represents the variable in different countries and this is a cross-country study). Any help on how to run this would be greatly appreciated, thanks

help eventdd

basically, you center time on the event date (with its value being 0, negative before, positive after). You can do it manually, but eventdd will handle it.

Comment

Thanks George,

I've had a bit of a play around with this. I want to interact a dependent variable with the time dummy D, but I'm struggling to work out how to do this without running a basic regression first, storing all the dummies and then writing out all of the interactions with each lead and lag (ie x times Di,t-1, x times Di,t-2 etc etc resulting in a very long line of code) is there a simpler way to do this?

Comment

Also, I was informed that there's an easy way to include country fixed effects and semester fixed effects in the code but the person who told me this could not remember what code to run

Comment

This is the exact regression I wish to run:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 16.05.59.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1748157

Comment

Working...
          X