No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefit Incidence Analysis (BIA) curve using DASP

Dear All,

This is a general question to the community.

Has anyone here generated a concentration curve for Benefit Incidence Analysis using DASP?

Code:
    * Installation of DASP 3.0

set more off, permanent
    net from http://dasp.ecn.ulaval.ca/dasp3
    net install dasp_p1, force
    net install dasp_p2, force
    net install dasp_p3, force
    net install dasp_p4, force
    net install dasp_p5, force
    net install dasp_p6, force
    net get dasp_data, force
    cap adddmenu profile.do _daspmenu
    Will be great if anyone can share an example code of how they did so as I am unable to gather results in locals from the DASP output

Or if anyone has created benefit incidence analysis curves without DASP

Comment

Questions about DASP don't seem to get answered here. I'd approach the program authors if you don't get a better reply. Attitudes to user support vary, so no-one else can make promises or predictions about the authors' practices. The more widely any command is used, the more likely it is that authors will lack the time or even inclination to provide detailed support to all users beyond the documentation.

Comment

One of the DASP authors (Jean-Yves Duclos) has long been a minister in the Canadian government, so I recommend approaching the other author (Araar). The alternative, which I've done in the past (long ago) is, once the zip package downloaded and files extracted, go search for the files that provide the functionality you're hoping for -- and then hack a personal version with a different name or 'borrow' code. I can't remember exactly why I needed to do this, but think I not only needed to save additional results (as you do) but also to control the output differently from DASP's hardwired defaults. (Of course it remains appropriate to cite DASP as original source if you publish something on the basis of this.)

Comment

Nick Cox and Stephen Jenkins thanks for the insight and workaround

Comment

Working...
          X