No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oaxaca-Blinder with multiple groups

Dear all,
    Now I am doing a research on how education years affect one's annual income. According to my data, I have to divide samples into three different groups. Is it possible to use Oaxaca-Blinder method to deal with multiple groups? Or are there launched commands already? Thanks for all.

Neither
    decompoSition can only be done comparing two groups at a time
    perhaps you can choose a base group and compare that one to the other two
    hth

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoRios View Post
      Neither
      hth
      Ok. I get it. Thanks!

Comment

Neither
        hth
        Dear Professor,
        Now I am facing another annoying problem. Educaton, gender and race can all affect one's annual income in an invisible way. If I just want the 'pure treatment effect' of education, how can I handle with other two factors in the same time? Thank you very much for help.

Comment

Well
          Just adding them as controls would allow you to identify the Education treatment effect, conditional on the other s being fixed (as in Linear Regression).
          However, you may also use reweigthing for the same purpose (although that is a bit of an advanced approach.
          HTH
          F

Comment

Well
            Just adding them as controls would allow you to identify the Education treatment effect, conditional on the other s being fixed (as in Linear Regression).
            However, you may also use reweigthing for the same purpose (although that is a bit of an advanced approach.
            HTH
            F
            I really appreciate your help, professor. Now I am quite clear.

Comment

Well
              HTH
              F
              Dear Professor,
              Now I am working with a panel data to observe whether teacher-school communication can help improve children's academic performance.
              When using xtoaxaca, I was bothered by annoying categorical variable.

This is my command:
              quietly eststo est1: xtreg stdchn stdcog chnshadow year $xlist ecolevel talkstudy, cluster(ids)
              xtoaxaca stdcog chnshadow year $xlist ecolevel talkstudy, groupvar(talkstudy) groupcat(0 1) normalize(ecolevel) timevar(year) times(2014 2015 2016) timeref(2014) timebandwidth(1) model(est1) change(interventionist) forcesample

where ecolevel is a 5-level variable indicating a family's economic level.

After running, it shows:
              ecolevel is not a categorical factor variable. Only categorical factor variables may be specified in normalize().

So where might be the problem? Are there any differences to add categorical factor among command oaxaca, oaxaca_rif and xtoaxaca?

Thanks for help.

Li
              Last edited by Li Tianhao; 30 Jun 2023, 02:53.

Comment

Working...
              X