Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geolocalization

Hi. I have 2 datasets with coordinates. One is the housing market and the second data set is a survey on public services quality. Is it possible to add to the housing market data set the mean of some survey variables in a 500-200 mts radius of every observation?

An answer to your problem will depend substantially on the layout of your dataset, which is why the FAQ for new members prescribes using the -dataex- command to prepare a data example for posting with your question. See in particular section 12 of that FAQ. You'll likely get a quicker and more helpful response if you post such a data example.

Without more detailed information on data layout I would just point you to the community-contributed command -geonear- (See -ssc describe geonear-) as a way to find all the observations in one file within a specified radius of observations in another file, where those observations contain latitude/longitude. You'll also find many previous mentions and examples of uses of that command on StataList in relation to past questions, which you might find helpful.

I'd also say that I don't know the abbreviation "mts" (meters?), but other people might find it familiar.

Comment

Working...
    X