No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross sectional_Panel

Hi statalist community

For cross-section data analysis, I have learned two ways of running regression ( that incorporate fixed effects)

Way 1: logit DepVar IndepVar1 IndepVar2 i.fixed_effect1 i.fixed_effect2, vce (robust)----this gives me Psudo R^2

Way 2: Two steps xtset fixed_effect1 and then xtlogit DepVar IndepVar1 IndepVar2 i.fixed_effect2, fe vce (bootstrap)--- it does not give Psudo R^2

Comparing Way 1 and Way 2, I can not use vce (robust) in Way 2. Moreover, Way 2 does not give Psudo R^2.

Is there any advantage in going for Way 2 instead of going for Way 1? Or is there any advantage in going for Way 1 instead of Way 2?

Last edited by ajay pasi; 05 Dec 2022, 22:56.

Ajay:
    do you mean:
    1) cross-sectional studies;
    2) repeated cross-sectional-studies;
    or
    3) panel datasets?
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Dear Carlo, IHDS is a panel survey led by Sonalde Desai and others at NCAER/UofMd which collected on a wide range of topics from ~42,000 households across India. The survey includes two rounds of data collection. However, I used data for only one wave. There is no time dimension in the data.

Comment

Hi Carlo,
        Its not panel dataset as has been suggested by you "https://www.statalist.org/forums/forum/general-stata-discussion/general/1691668-fixed-effect_panel" in my previous query about the data. I believe it is repeated cross-sectional data. But I am using data for only one wave.

Comment

Ajay:
          go Way 1, then:
          Code:
          logit DepVar IndepVar1 IndepVar2 i.fixed_effect1 i.fixed_effect2, vce (robust)
          Some further comments:
          1) more details about the fixed effect you're interested in might be helpful;
          2) an -if- clause woud help in selecting the wave of data you're interested in;
          3) be sure that the option for non-default standard errors is the right one for the issue that you want them to deal with (heteroskedasticity; autocorrelation of the epsilon).
          Kind regards,
          Carlo
          (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Thanks, Carlo. Appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
            X