No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xthtaylor: Estimation with no time-invariant exogenous variables

Dear all,

Is it currently possible to estimate xthtaylor model with no time-invariant exogenous variables ?
    If not possible, do you know any alternative Stata package (including community packages) to estimate
    HT model which deals with this specification ?

Currently, I get error:

"There are no time-invariant exogenous variables in the model.
    If you have those variables specified, they may have been removed because of collinearity.
    r(198);"

Best regards,

Alexandre

I have suggested to StataCorp long time ago to amend xthtaylor such that it can be run in such cases. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for such an update to happen.

In your case, you can still trick the command to do what you want by generating and including a regressor for the constant (which is exogenous and time-invariant), and running the command with the noconstant option; the regression intercept is then the coefficient of that constant regressor:
    Code:
    webuse psidextract
    gen byte cons = 1
    xthtaylor lwage wks south smsa ms exp exp2 occ ind union fem blk ed cons, endog(exp exp2 occ ind union fem blk ed) constant(fem blk ed cons) nocons
    https://twitter.com/Kripfganz

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion, it works great.
      It would be great that StataCorp implements this feature, users could then also use this specification without an intercept.

Comment

Working...
      X