Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 UK Stata Conference, 8–9 September 2022, in London

You are warmly invited to attend the 28th London Stata Conference.

Experience what happens when new and long-time Stata users from across all disciplines gather to discuss recent developments and real-world applications of Stata. The meeting provides Stata users with the opportunity to exchange ideas, experiences, and information on new applications of Stata. The London conference is the longest-running series of Stata conferences (for proceedings of previous Stata conferences, in London and elsewhere, click here). It is open to all interested and highly international. In past years participants have been from Britain, Ireland, other European countries, USA, and Australia. StataCorp will be represented.

The conference will be held on Thursday 8 and Friday 9 September 2022 and will be in-person in London. Everyone interested in using Stata is welcome.

If you are interested in presenting, please submit your abstract (by email) to [email protected] by 27 May; details below.

The scientific organisers are Tim Morris (MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL) and Rachael Hughes (University of Bristol).
    Logistics are organised by Timberlake Consultants, distributors of Stata in the UK, France, Brazil, Ireland, Middle East, Poland, Portugal, and Spain.

Presentation guidelines
    Please submit abstracts, from which a subset will be chosen for either a short (10+5 minutes) or a long (25+5 minutes) presentation (both to be followed by 5 minutes for questions).

Presentation topics might include:
    • Discussion of user-written Stata programs
    • Case studies of research or teaching using Stata
    • Discussions of data management issues and solutions
    • Reviews of analytical issues
    • Surveys or critiques of Stata facilities in specific fields

Submitting your presentation
    The scientific organisers look forward to receiving your abstract submissions. The submission deadline is 27 May 2022.
    Please send abstracts to us by email, indicating whether you wish to give:
    1. A 25 min talk (followed by 5 min discussion)
    2. A 10 min talk (followed by 5 min discussion)
    3. A longer review or tutorial (typically about an hour)
    The meeting will include the usual ‘wishes and grumbles’ session at which you may air your thoughts to Stata developers.

The deadline for submission of abstracts is 27 May 2022 and the final programme will be announced at the end of July.

Confirmation of the programme, venue, and details of how to register, will be circulated before the end of July 2022.

Abstracts should be in plain text format. Include a title, name and affiliation of the presenter (and any co-authors), and abstract text of no more than 300 words. References, if any, should be within the abstract text, and mathematical notation should be kept to a minimum.

We look forward to receiving your abstracts and to seeing you at the conference,
    Tim and Rachael

Apart from being a presenter (as specified), can one just attend to benefit from the discussions?

Comment

Hi Murry
      Yes, you're very welcome to attend without being a presenter.

Comment

The final programme is now up at www.stata.com/meeting/uk22/

You can register at www.statauk.timberlake-conferences.com/events/2022-uk-stata-conference

The conference will be in-person only at Torrington Place, UCL. We look forward to seeing you there!

Tim Morris and Rachael Hughes

Comment

With thanks to Kit Baum, the conference proceedings are now available at https://econpapers.repec.org/paper/boclsug22/

Comment

Thanks, Tim

Was anyone capable to install David Vincent's cooksd2 command (Cook’s distance measures for panel data models) ?

Code:
            ssc install cooksd2
            ssc install: "cooksd2" not found at SSC, type search cooksd2
            (To find all packages at SSC that start with c, type ssc describe c)
            r(601);
            neither the 2022 UK Stata Conference presentation PDF gives any clue how to find it.

Comment

Thanks Luis
              At the conference, Nick Cox suggested that David change the name of the command to xtcooksd. My understanding is that he plans to update the slides and upload the programs imminently.
              Tim

Comment

Hi All,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in making this available. I came down with Covid shortly after the conference and then work and other issues got in the way (and I have only just seen this post.)

The program and helpful were sent to the relevant individuals (ssc and Timberlake) a few days ago, so hopefully this should be available to download very shortly.

It would have been nice to have changed the name to xtcooks (and many thanks to Nick Cox for this helpful suggestion), but I decided to stick with cookd2 to be consistent with the name in the presentation (which had already been made available).

Please do let me know if there are any issues in obtaining this program. I’m now a member of this forum (I was previously on the old email list!).

All the best,
                David

Comment

Working...
                X