No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ritest - why might it be insignificant and how to specify

Hi everyone,

I have completed the analysis of my paper on the impact of natural disasters on the savings and in the stage of finalizing my analysis using some randomization inference testing, particularly by employing the
    Code:
    ritest
    function. My results are significant at the 1% level, however my randomization inference results are not.. Do you know why this could be the case?

I cannot share any data as I cannot copy it here since it is made available to me via a virtual platform. However I can share the results for which I have been given clearance.

Basically, I identify treatment based on the residency of the individuals in one of the treatment regions (SA4 level) at the time of the disaster.

My benchmark specification is given below:
    Code:
     xtreg outcome_var treatment post did i.c_sa4_id, fe cluster(c_sa4_id) nonest
    here did is simply post*treatment.

I perform the randomization inference with the below given code:
    Code:
    ritest treatment _b[did], reps(100): xtreg outcome_var treatment post did i.c_sa4_id, fe cluster(c_sa4_id) nonest
    But my results are insignificant. I am sharing here only the results for one outcoma variable, but this reflects the situation of all the ritest results fir my other variables too.
    (Pardon the low quality of the picture output, it was the only way I could export the output from the virtual desktop.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ritest - outcome.png
Views:	1
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	1649537

I dont know whether it is because I am making a mistake in my specification or whether this might be caused as there is a level difference in the parallel trends of the treatment and control groups before the disaster..Or whether it is because of something else.

Any guidance and help or feedback is highly appreciated and thank you very much for your support in advance.

Merve:
    could you please share the output table of your original -xtreg,fe- code? Thanks.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Hi Carlo,

I cannot unfortunately as it is in a virtual desktop and I cannot take a screen shot from it..

Comment

Maybe I'm not understanding the output of ritest, but your confidence interval doesn't touch 0, for whatever that's meant to be worth.

Isn't this the same as being significant?

Comment

Dear Statalist,

I have done an analysis of the impact of floods and droughts on child health.

I have created variables for floods and droughts, so my regression is
          reg wasted flood drought male i.reg i,year
          Given that the flood and drought variables can be considered as treatments, I am wondering if I can use randomization inference with multiple treatments in this way
          ritest flood drought _b[flood] _b[drought], reps(1000) seed(123): reg wasted flood drought male i.reg i.year
          Would this be correct to do it this way? When I try doing it this way, I am getting three _pm_1 values (i.e., _pm_1,_pm_2 & _pm_3. Please can you advice. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X