No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treatment , Post Treat in case of heterogeneous treatment timing

Hello all,

Would like to create an event study but I'm trying to make sure I'm creating treatment, post-treat, leads, and lags correctly because my gut feeling says I'm doing something wrong at the very basic.

Code:
    **** Min wage change

gen treat=0. [ Treat = time * treated ]

replace treat = 1 if year>=2015  & (statefip==2 /*alaska*/)
    replace treat = 1 if year>=2015  & (statefip==5 /*Arkansas*/)
    replace treat = 1 if year>=2013  & (statefip==4 /*Arizona*/)
    replace treat = 1 if year>=2015  & (statefip==6 /*California*/)
    replace treat = 1 if year>=2014  & (statefip==9 /*Connecticut*/)
    replace treat = 1 if year==2016  & (statefip==8 /*Colorado*/)

And I'll create treated variable like the following :

treated = ( statefip == 2 |  statefip ==5 |  statefip== 4 |  statefip == 6 |  statefip==9 |  statefip ==8 ) & !missing(statefip)

In a normal DiD if I have hetergenous timing of treatment like I created myself here, I cannot make post variable like in case of homogenous treatment ( the following command )
    Code:
    *Create DID components *1. Timedummy gen time = (year>=2016) & !missing(Year)
    May I know how should I create my time dummy or post variable in case of heterogeneous treatment?
    Last edited by Tariq Abdullah; 15 Oct 2021, 11:16.

With different treatment timings, use this:
    Code:
    ssc install csdid
    ssc install drdid
    You need a variable indicating when the treatment started and it will take care of it itself.

You'll use csdid (drdid is background).

Comment

Very kind of you for providing such thoughtful feedback! But, the problem is I'm working with a sample of dataset that covers from 1996-2021 where the treatment is taking place since early 2000. therefore, that makes the Callaway and Sant’Anna quite impossible to implement in Stata. I can do that in R but in Stata that takes up all the memory. Thats why trying my luck with the old-fashioned way to see how it can be done. But, due to lack of knowledge and experience haven't had much of a luck! Therefore, asked for everyone's kind guidance!

Comment

if find csdid works better. give it a try.

Comment

Working...
        X