• Show
Clear All

• AVAR package problem

Hello,

when I use eventstudyinteract I get the following message:

struct ms_vcvorthog undefined
    (42 lines skipped)
    (error occurred while loading avar.ado)

I work on a server that does have internet access. I installed AVAR by copying the files that are posted here: https://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457689.html to the ado\plus folder on the server. Any suggestions on how to solve the issue?
    Thank you

This looks like a Mata error. Can you not install the package properly, from within Stata?

I guess that what happens is that some Mata component is not properly compiled.

Comment

Hi Joro, thank you for looking into this. Unfortunately I can't install the package through ssc install because I work with sensitive data on a server that has no internet access. Would you have any suggestion on how to make sure that these Mata components compile properly in my setting?

Comment

I am having the same problem. I installed the files properly but am still experiencing this issue. I even tried to reinstall the whole package and each individual dependency package. Although I get the message "all files already exist and are up to date" it does not work. Any ideas on why it may be happening?

Comment

Write to the author of the package -eventstudyinteract-. (Or if another package is generating the error, to the author of the respective package.)

If you have installed the package properly from within Stata, it should get all its dependencies and needed component automatically.

If it does not, there is a problem with the package, and the authors is in best position to figure out what is the problem.

Originally posted by Rafael Escamilla View Post
          I am having the same problem. I installed the files properly but am still experiencing this issue. I even tried to reinstall the whole package and each individual dependency package. Although I get the message "all files already exist and are up to date" it does not work. Any ideas on why it may be happening?

Comment

Thank you very much for your interest in our package! I was just notified of this thread by someone using -eventstudyinteract- on a secure server with confidential data and no Internet connection. In the past, I have received similar questions, and the issue was resolved by reinstalling the -avar- package. Can you check your avar version? Below is mine:

. which avar
            /Users/lsun20/Library/Application Support/Stata/ado/plus/a/avar.ado
            *! avar 1.0.07 28July2015
            *! authors cfb/mes
            *! shell based on ranktest by fk/mes
            *! see end of file for version comments

It might be possible that you had an older version of -avar- than the ssc version?

Comment

For anyone experiencing a similar problem, a workaround was posted today at

https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...80#post1669680

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Liyang Sun View Post
                  Thank you very much!
                  Hi, I'm still having the same issue! is there any alternative way to solve this?

Comment

Working...
                  X