No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rfdist in metan does not work

Hello,

I'm currently on a set of data and conducting a meta-analysis with metan. For the results I do need the prediction intervals but I always get the following error:

Error in predictive interval data
    Error in metan.BuildResultsSet
    (Note: meta-analysis model was fitted successfully)

r(9);
    This is the simplified code I use:

gen logRR=log(RR)
    gen loglc=log(lc)
    gen loguc=log(uc)
    metan logRR loglc loguc if analysis==1, lcols(author year cases_total) random eform rfdist
    I seriously do not know what's the problem, really would appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.
    Thanks in advance and all the best,

Alex

Hi all,

I have the same issue with my Stata version 14.1.

Hope someone can help us!

Best,

Carlo

Comment

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem on Stata 17 and was wondering if anyone had found a solution over the past few months.
      Many thanks

Giorgia

Comment

Dear all,
        Firstly, apologies for the late response!
        Unfortunately, I am unable to recreate this error (under Stata v17.0). I am aware that older versions of Stata sometimes encountered issues with metan in the past, but I thought this had been fixed.
        Could you check what version of metan you are using, by typing into Stata which metan ? It should say "version 4.04 16aug2021". If not, please update (e.g. by typing adoupdate metan, update ).
        If you are definitely running the latest version but are still seeing the error, could you provide some example data e.g. using dataex ?
        Many thanks,
        David.

Comment

Working...
        X