Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Stata Journal is not in ABDC Journal Quality List?

Dear colleagues,

Who can explain why the Stata Journal is not in the ABDC Journal Quality List? For example, JOURNAL OF STATISTICAL SOFTWARE is there with A rating.

I cannot speak of the choices that the editors of Stata Journal make, and I do not know nothing of the ABDC Journal Quality List, but I can speak a bit of how these journal rankings work.

I am an Associate Editor at the Economics Bulletin, which is a relatively old (dating back to year 2001) awesome meritocratic journal in economics. The Economics Bulletin is not on many journal lists, because:

1. You need to pay money to be considered/included in many of those lists. Pay to play basically.

2. Even lists which are in principle free, are a pain. For example I wanted to include the Economics Bulletin in the widely used ABS journal ranking in the UK. I can write a short novel about the pain and suffering that I encountered in the process.

Comment

If this thread becomes a wishlist, I would like to see the Stata Journal indexed in Econlit, which forms the basis for some rankings, e.g. the German Handelsblatt ranking. If a journal is not on that list, then a publication in that journal basically counts nothing.
      https://twitter.com/Kripfganz

Comment

Working...
      X