No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durbin-Wu-Hausman test

Dear All,

I have a question about Durbin-Wu-Hausman test. By going through old FAQ about this test some questioons came up. First of all, I am trying to test whether my independent variable (agricultural export) is endogenous. What i did, I run a first regression when agricultural export was the independent variable. In this regressions I used the other control variables of the main regression plus other variables. After that, I collect the residual and I insert in the main equation(with agricultural export left out). I did not assume any IVs. Is my approach correct? Thank you a lot before hand

That's not the correct way to implement the test. It's best to use Stata's built in commands. Start with -ivregress- and then use -estate endog-. With cross-sectional data,

Code:
    ivregress 2sls y (export z1 ... zM) x1 ... xK, vce(robust)
    estat endog
    If you're using panel data and fixed effects IV, it's trickier but can be done pretty easily.

Comment

Hello, Professor Jeff Wooldridge, could you please provide the panel data alternative for the above command? The existing posts on this issue are a bit confusing and since my background is not in econometrics, I found it hard to understand. I am using a dynamic panel data model (GMM) in my analysis involving various explanatory variables. In literature, people have classified variables as endogenous and exogenous without statistical support. So, can I use the Durbin-Wu-Hausman test to classify my explanatory variables into the above two categories?

Comment

Working...
      X