No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oaxaca-Blinder Decomposition for ordinal dependent variables

Dear Statalist,
    I am trying to find a way to run a detailed Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition for an ordinal dependent variable. I am aware of the user written mvdcmp package, but it does not allow for ologit. nldecompose on the other hand offers only aggregate effects of endowments and coefficients, not separately for each variable in the model.
    I have found one article, where the authors claim to have executed detailed decomposition on an ordinal variable in stata, but they do not provide the code (http://ftp.iza.org/dp6808.pdf). Could anyone give me any guidance with the code?
    Alternatively,
    as I am in fact most interested in the contribution of one specific (categorical) independent variable I thought that I may as well use nldecompose but for a model with only this variable. Still, I would like to control for a set of other important independent variables. Is there a way to somehow filter out the impact of those control variables on the dependent variable in the first step and apply nldecompose in the second step?
    Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Did you find answers to this question yet? That is also what I need!

Comment

Working...
    X