Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using nlcom to calculate combinations of parameter estimates from different models

Dear Stata users,

I am estimating two mixed logit models:

(1)
    mixlogit choice price1, group(idgroup) rand(var1 var2) id(idn)

(2)
    mixlogit choice price2, group(idgroup) rand(var1 var2) id(idn)

The only difference between the two models is the non-random variable where price2=price1*happy

I should note that:
    • the two models are estimated on the same dataset
    • there are no missing values
    • price2 is not a re-scaling of price1 (happy varies over idn)
    Post-estimation, I want to use both _b[price1] and _b[price2] in nlcom calculations.
    Can you please help me figure out how I go about that?

Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
    Julie

Hi Julie, is -suest- the command you are looking for?

Comment

Hi Hong, thanks for your reply. I have tried but suest does not accommodate mixlogit unfortunately.

Comment

I see, could you elaborate on the parameter that you are planning to derive using the two price coefficients?

Comment

Sure. I’m looking to calculate a set of ratios so in this example I would like to be able to calculate e.g. _b[price1]/_b[price2]

Comment

Fitting the two model specifications that you have listed to the same estimation sample and then using the results to derive the ratio seems rather odd to me. I wonder whether it may more make sense to estimate -mixlogit choice price price3, group(idgroup) rand(var1 var2) id(idn)- where price3 = price*(happy - mean of happy across idn) instead. The price coefficient is the average agent's price coefficient and the price3 coefficient captures whether the price coefficient varies with happy.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Hong (much appreciated) but I'm afraid it is the ratio (with confidence intervals) that I need

Comment

Working...
              X