X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graph dummy variable

Dear users
    Hope you are doing well.
    I have a panel data. My Dep is dummy (0, 1), and I have a dummy for Year and Country as well.
    Please, how can I make:
    1. Line graph for only when my dep equal to 1. I mean I want to make a graph to see the increasing in 1 across years.
    2. I would like also to know how can I make a bar graph for Dep only when equal 1 across Country( to know which country have more 1 compared to others ) . Thanks a lot
    Kind Regards

Not quite sure if this is what you're looking for (a -dataex- would be useful), but maybe:
    Code:
    bys year: egen totaldummyyear = total(dummy)
    bys id: egen totaldummyid = total(dummy)
    twoway line totaldummyyear year,sort(year) name("Line")
    twoway bar totaldummyid id,name("Bar")

Comment

Dear @Ali Atia Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate that too much.
      More specifically, I need to do like the these pictures, please. The first one each color has dummy variable and the X line is the year ( but instead of bar , I would like to do it like two lines ) . The second one ( X line the country and Y line the dummy). Thank You so much .

Attached Files

Comment

#3 is an excellent answer to #1. Now you're asking for something different,

The first graph is a line graph of the frequencies of both 0 and 1, if I understand you correctly.

Code:
        bys year dummy: gen count = _N 
        separate count, by(dummy) veryshortlabel 
        line count0 count1 year, sort
        It's difficult to know what the second graph is. The frequencies of 1 by country?

Comment

Dear @Nick Cox
          Thank you so much for your reply, Thanks.
          I would like to explain you the thing.
          My study has three dummy.
          The first graph is not 0, 1, is two dummy variables with year (but I want to take only the 1 for each dummy). I want to add the year in xline and the dummy with yline. Well, in the graph attached looks like bar, I would like to do it line for each dummy in the same graph.
          The second one is (one dummy variable) in x line and counties in the y line (also I want to take only the 1 not zero for each country) but if the country variable string is it possible? Thank you so much in advance.

Comment

Sorry, but your wording isn't very clear to me.

Please read the FAQ Advice https://www.statalist.org/forums/help#stata and give a data example and explain in terms of that.

Perhaps what you want for the first graph is something like

Code:
            bysort year : egen count1 = total(dummy1)
            by year: egen count2 = total(dummy2)

line count1 count2 year, sort
            and the second graph may be something similar
            Last edited by Nick Cox; 19 Dec 2020, 06:12.

Comment

Working...
            X