No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using freduse and predict commands for a project

Hi there,
    I have a project that I am working on, in which I have to forecast unemployment rate for each month for the next year. I have installed freduse in order to input historical unemployment data from the FRED website into STATA. I have already appended an additional 12 months to the list of years that I have. From there, I used "predict yp" to find predicted values for the out-of-sample dates that I appended to the original in-sample dates that I have. My question is that when I did this predict command, the yp value is the same for all 12 out of sample forecasts that I am looking for. Is this correct, and what does the predicted value mean?

Your question really isn't clear without more detail, or at a minimum it is too difficult to guess at a good answer from what you have shared. Please help us help you. Show example data. Show your command and its output for the estimation as well as for the prediction. The Statalist FAQ provides advice on effectively posing your questions, posting data, and sharing Stata output.

Comment

Working...
    X