Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code folding hotkeys in code editor (doeditor)

Dear All,

Before suggesting a feature for Stata 17, I wanted to double check that it doesn't exist yet.

So are there any code-folding shortcuts (keyboard hotkeys) in Stata's do-editor?
    Equivalent of https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vis...g?view=vs-2019

I commonly need to switch between the top-level outline (e.g. all programs defined in a particular file) and their implementation.
    Each of them can be individually folded with a mouse-based action, so it's only a matter of accessing this via a shortcut.

Thank you, Sergiy

SciTE keyboard command
    Ctrl+Keypad* Expand or contract a fold point.
    seems not to work.

While the following works:
    Ctrl+Keypad+ Magnify text size.
    Ctrl+Keypad- Reduce text size.
    Ctrl+Keypad/ Restore text size to normal.
    https://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDoc.html
    Last edited by Bjarte Aagnes; 26 Jun 2020, 12:28.

Comment

Dear Bjarte Aagnes,

thank you very much for confirming. For changing the text also Ctrl+mouse wheel can be used to quickly resize the text, which is pretty standard. I was mostly seeking the code folding hotkeys here, which you've confirmed the SciTE combination doesn't work.

Would be great if the font-size changing worked in the viewer/help windows too.

Thank you, Sergiy Radyakin

Comment

Code folding keyboard shortcut is coming in a future update.
        -Chinh Nguyen

Comment

Looks like the update that Chinh referenced went through in August. That update provides an option for unfolding all code, and for toggling a a specific fold. Any chance we will see an option to fold all code or toggle folding for all code at some point?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas Hallman View Post
            Looks like the update that Chinh referenced went through in August. That update provides an option for unfolding all code, and for toggling a a specific fold. Any chance we will see an option to fold all code or toggle folding for all code at some point?
            Is there a code folding hotkey yet?

Comment

Is there a code folding hotkey yet?

Yes, Ctrl+Shift+F will fold the current scope.

Unfortunately, I have not found a hot key to fold all scopes, which would be very useful, such as when opening a class file to see all the defined methods.

Comment

Working...
              X