No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WLS method

Dear Statalist,
    I have a project with cross-sectional data, but my data have problem with heteroscedasticity. WLS is the method which was used to solve this problem. Using regwls in Stata, but I do not know (1): wvar: how we can determine varlist to be weighted. (2) which type is the best (e2; loge2; xb2 or abse)

Duong:
    welcome to this forum.
    Have you already taken a look at https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/stata/ad...es-regression/ ?
    That said, I think you would be more comfortable with invoking -robust- statndard errors in -regress- in order to take heteroskedasticity into account.
    Last edited by Carlo Lazzaro; 15 Jun 2020, 12:14.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Dear Prof Carlo,
      Thanks for helping me

Comment

Carlo Lazzaro Sir, I have done robust standard errors while doing OLS. However, when I predict the residual after the OLS regression, then generate the residual square and regress it on the explanatory variables, most of the coefficients are significant. Does this imply my model still has the problem of heteroscedasticity? I would be grateful if you please help, Sir.

Comment

Deboshmita:
          plese share what you typed and what Stata gave you back (as per FAQ). Thanks.
          Kind regards,
          Carlo
          (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Working...
          X