No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qlqc30 error

Can anyone explain/solve this problem?

. qlqc30, filename("mira_feb_2020_kun_baseline.dta") version(3) grp(1)
    (ComparisonOfTransana_DATA_NOHDRS_2020-02-27_1318.csv)
    _xlshwritestrcol(): 9901 Stata returned error
    export_excel_write_file(): - function returned error
    export_excel_export_file(): - function returned error
    <istmt>: - function returned error

r(9901);

end of do-file

r(9901);

Thanks,
    Therese

Welcome to the forum, Therese. Please take a moment to read and familiarize yourself with the FAQ and how to ask question in a way that is helpful for others to understand.

The command, -qlqc30- is apparently a user-contributed command, which you are asked to explain (see -net sj 15-4 dm0084-). Others on the forum may be familiar with this command and can offer more insight. However, it may be helpful to others to provide a data example. You may do so using the -dataex- command and copying the resulting output here in between CODE tags, as well as including the exact commands used and output received.

Comment

I hate errors in red like that. They seem to mean that Stata itself has blown up, rather than just capturing the error and giving you a semi-intelligible error message. I think it sometimes happens because the problem is too massive for Stata.

Make sure Stata is up to date. Beyond that, try to simplify the problem, e.g. try using fewer variables or fewer cases.
      -------------------------------------------
      Richard Williams, Notre Dame Dept of Sociology
      Stata Version: 17.0 MP (2 processor)

EMAIL: [email protected]
      WWW: https://www3.nd.edu/~rwilliam

Comment

Thanks, Leonardo and Richard, I'll try to explain as good as my limited STATA-vocabulary and -understanding allows.
        I think you're right that qlqc30 is a user-contributed command. It generates subscales for the quality of life questionnaire EORTC QLQ-C30, based on 30 single items of this tool.
        When I run the command, all of these subscales are actually generated, however, the error prevents STATA to continue to the next line of my do-file.
        Based on the red text, I suspect it has got something to do with STATA trying to generate an output in some kind of an excel-format?
        Last edited by Therese Juul; 02 Mar 2020, 00:45.

Comment

I have solved the problem, but probably not in the most elegant way
          It seems that the problem was, that the qlqc30 command had problems with communicating with files stored in folders on a secure drive.
          Therefore, I saved the original dataset on my desk top, kept only the necessary variables (keep record_id q1-q30 npat arm visit), and ran the qlqc30 command.
          Then, I kept only record_id and the newly generated variables (keep record_id PF2 QL2 RF2 EF CF SF FA NV PA DY SL AP CO DI FI), and merged this new dataset with my original one, on record_id.
          Finally, I deleted the 3 temporary files on my desk top (erase "filename"), and emptied my trash bin. This last step is particularly important if you work with person-related/sensitive data.
          Not elegant - but it works

Comment

Working...
          X