Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualtricsload output file location

Thank you Nicolas for the lifesaving package. It seems to work well and provides a hyperlink for mydata.dta (or whatever I have called the file) all the way up to when I click on that hyperlink, I get the message: .

use "mydata.dta"
    file mydata.dta not found
    r(601);

Is this because I have a trial version of StatTransfer? I have searched and searched, and tried to change file paths, but I cannot find mydata. I have tried all the ado folders.

Can anyone help please? Thanks

This post apparently refers to the announcement of the release of his qualtricsload package to SSC posted by Nicholas Winter at

https://www.statalist.org/forums/for...-qualtricsload

Comment

Thanks William. It does refer to the original announcement, but it is directed at anyone who is using or has used qualtricsload. I am hopeful that someone will have an answer.

Comment

When you have a chance to read the Statalist FAQ linked to from the top of the page, as well as from the Advice on Posting link on the page you used to create your post. you'll see the advice that

If you are using community-contributed (also known as user-written) commands, explain that and say where they came from: the Stata Journal, SSC, or other archives. This helps (often crucially) in explaining your precise problem, and it alerts readers to commands that may be interesting or useful to them.

Comment

Yes, this is likely because you do not have a licensed copy of Stat-Transfer. If you are using the trial version, the Stat-Transfer command line processor will not convert your file, because the trial version deletes some cases randomly. In the GUI, you are warned; with the command line you might never realize.

So: you can use qualitricsload to download in SPSS format, then use Stata's -import spss- to load the dataset. Or you can license your Stat-Transfer.

(I will eventually update qualtricsload to use -import spss-, but it predates that command so currently doesn't do that automatically.)

Comment

Many thanks Nicolas. Mystery solved.

Comment

Working...
            X