No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exporting or pasting from data editor in Stata

Hi,

I would copy and paste data normally from stata data editor to excel spreadsheet using ctrl C and ctrl V options and it would exactly paste the columns and variables data from stata to excel sheet columns. But! today I am repeatedly trying to do the same, but all the columns from stata get pasted into only one column in excel. in other wise all the format of columns in distorted and it is not at all useful and readable in excel. Can somebody comment on what is happening today. I also restarted stata but nothing improved. I have stata SE 15.

I also tried to export data from stata using "export" option but it did not work either. I don't know what's wrong.

Can someone please assist me in this.

Best

You'll increase your chances of a useful answer by following the FAQ on asking questions - provide Stata code in code delimiters, readable Stata output, and sample data using dataex. Telling us something didn't work is not much help. It helps a lot if we can replicate the problem.

As for not pasting, if you look at the paste options in Excel you may find it pastes fine for one of the options. Alternatively, close the data editor and then use the interactive interface to see how to export the data to Excel. You're doing something wrong, but there is no way for us to know what without more information.

Comment

Maybe what seems to be Excel is in fact a csv file. You may check the extension of the file before importing it.
      Best regards,

Marcos

Comment

Working...
      X