No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors when regressing System GMM

Hello all Statalists,
    I'm new to Stata and I'm learning to use it to do my thesis. Gradually, I find it's actually interesting and helpful to use Stata for regression. However, because I'm jusst a starter so I'm always confused with new type of code. Currently, I'm trying my best to regress GMM model using xtabond2 but each time I run my code it always has errors as follow:

xtabond2 cash l.cash mb size cf nwc capex lev vol rd div i.year i.sector, gmm(l.cash,lag(3 5)) iv (i.year i.sector, eq(level))

Then I receive this result:

unknown egen function max()
    stata(): 3598 Stata returned error
    xtabond2_mata(): - function returned error
    <istmt>: - function returned error

I am a new Stata user, so please forgive me if I have made any foolish mistakes and feel free to let me know. This is very important and urgent issue that I have to find solution myself. Please help me complete my thesis.

Thank you in advance! I do really hope to hearing from you soon!
    I also attach my data for regression. You guys can take a look and check it. Thanks so much!
    Attached Files

Luong:
    is your Stata fully updated?
    Please also note that:
    - despite most of us being symphatetic with those under tight deadlines (as we all usually work/research under tight time constraints), crying for urgency will not give your query any fast lane;
    - as per FAQ, attachments are not encouraged. At the top of that, nobody will ever download spreadsheets from unknown source due to the risk of active malwares.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Working...
    X