No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error with tab2xl (percentage)

Hello there!

I am trying to export a frequency table in Excel. For which I am using the tab2xl command. The point is that I don't want the table to show me frequencies, but percentages.

According to Stata's help on the command (help tab2xl), only I should add percentage in the options part. However, when applying the command I get that the option is not allowed. I found no further explanation on the web.

The code I am using is:
    Code:

tab2xl Provincia Estadoinfo if reg == 24 using 24, col(1) row(1) sheet("B", replace) percentage
    Where:
    Provincia is var1
    Estadoinfo is var2

Thanks in advance for the help.

Paolo Gutierrez

Hi Paolo, did you figure out a solution for this?

Comment

There is no reproducible example in this post so why it doesn't work is anyone's guess. Please note that -tab2xl- is a user-contributed command, albeit by Kevin Crow who was work at Stata at the time of its writing. It was written for a blog post, as explained in -help tab2xl-.

A clear caution is noted there as well, "Note: Tab2xl does not support strings in two-way form, and will return an error code before opening or altering the file, leaving it untouched.". So perhaps this may be the cause of the error.

Comment

Working...
      X