No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with outputting Mixed command results to Excel

Hello,

I hope you could help me, I have spent days trying to figure this out. I am trying to output the mixed command results to Excel. More specifically, I am trying to output the Random effect parameters (I would like to get the estat recovariance parameters outputted to Excel).

I have tried the outreg2 command, esttab and capture methods, but non had worked or outputted the table I need.

Thank you,
    Dudi

https://stats.idre.ucla.edu/stata/fa...using-_diparm/

Comment

Andrew, thank you very much for your reply.
      Unfortunately, using that method I do not get the same estimates as with 'estat recovariance'. Also, I am not able to export it to Excel again.

Comment

Hello Dudi. Does this example help at all? It uses -logistic-, not -mixed-. But it might give you the general idea.
        --
        Bruce Weaver
        Email: [email protected]
        Web: http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/
        Version: Stata/MP 18.0 (Windows)

Comment

Bruce, thank you for your help.
          No, it does, -mixed- does not have the function etable

Comment

Do you just need the coefficient?

Code:
            webuse pig, clear
            qui  mixed weight week || id:
            estat recovariance
            mat cov= r(Cov2)
            esttab mat(cov) using myfile.xls

Comment

Thank you Andrew.

It seems to work, any idea how i extract 5 coefficient and the residual mixed y || x1:|| x2: || x3 || x4: ? I guess I need to change something in the 'mat cov= r(Cov2)'

Comment

Do you have a 5 level nested model? Then you should have 4 coefficients. You want something like below

Code:
                mixed y || x1:|| x2: || x3 || x4:
                *RESIDUAL VARIANCE
                mat var_res= exp(e(b)[1, colnumb(e(b), "lnsig_e:_cons")])^2

*RE COVARIANCES
                estat recovariance
                forval i=2/5{
                mat cov`i'=r(Cov`i')
                }
                mat cov=var_res\cov2\cov3\cov4\cov5
                mat rownames cov = var(Residual) var(level2) var(level3) var(level4) var(level5)
                Last edited by Andrew Musau; 27 Sep 2019, 17:04.

Comment

Hello again, Andrew, thank you for your help. Unfortunately, I got the following error (I did try to play with it but could not solve it). The line
                  'mat var_res= exp(e(b)[1, colnumb(e(b), "lnsig_e:_cons")])^2 '
                  returns the following error: invalid syntax r(198); Thank you again for your help

Comment

You need to copy and paste the entire output from Stata (including the full set of commands). Otherwise, it's impossible to tell what is wrong. This works for me.

Code:
                    . webuse pig
                    (Longitudinal analysis of pig weights)

. mixed weight week || id:

Performing EM optimization:

Performing gradient-based optimization:

Iteration 0:   log likelihood = -1014.9268  
                    Iteration 1:   log likelihood = -1014.9268  

Computing standard errors:

Mixed-effects ML regression                     Number of obs     =        432
                    Group variable: id                              Number of groups  =         48

Obs per group:
                                                                                  min =          9
                                                                                  avg =        9.0
                                                                                  max =          9

Wald chi2(1)      =   25337.49
                    Log likelihood = -1014.9268                     Prob > chi2       =     0.0000

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          weight |      Coef.   Std. Err.      z    P>|z|     [95% Conf. Interval]
                    -------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
                            week |   6.209896   .0390124   159.18   0.000     6.133433    6.286359
                           _cons |   19.35561   .5974059    32.40   0.000     18.18472    20.52651

Random-effects Parameters  |   Estimate   Std. Err.     [95% Conf. Interval]
                    -----------------------------+------------------------------------------------
                    id: Identity                 |
                                      var(_cons) |   14.81751   3.124226      9.801716    22.40002
                                   var(Residual) |   4.383264   .3163348      3.805112     5.04926
                    LR test vs. linear model: chibar2(01) = 472.65        Prob >= chibar2 = 0.0000

. mat var_res= exp(e(b)[1, colnumb(e(b), "lnsig_e:_cons")])^2

. mat l var_res

symmetric var_res[1,1]
                               c1
                    r1  4.3832637

Comment

Thank you Andrew. Attached is the code.

Code:
                      . mixed y || x1: || x2: || x3: || x4:

Performing EM optimization: 

Performing gradient-based optimization: 

Iteration 0:   log likelihood =  1601.7013  
                      Iteration 1:   log likelihood =   1601.727  
                      Iteration 2:   log likelihood =  1601.7271  

Computing standard errors:

Mixed-effects ML regression                     Number of obs     =        940

-------------------------------------------------------------
                                      |     No. of       Observations per Group
                       Group Variable |     Groups    Minimum    Average    Maximum
                      ----------------+--------------------------------------------
                                x1 |         58          2       16.2         91
                                x2 |        171          2        5.5         12
                         x3 |        271          2        3.5         10
                         x4 |        332          1        2.8          9
                      -------------------------------------------------------------

Wald chi2(0)      =          .
                      Log likelihood =  1601.7271                     Prob > chi2       =          .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      y |      Coef.   Std. Err.      z    P>|z|     [95% Conf. Interval]
                      --------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------
                                    _cons |    .070531   .0053958    13.07   0.000     .0599554    .0811065
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Random-effects Parameters  |   Estimate   Std. Err.     [95% Conf. Interval]
                      x1: Identity              |
                                        var(_cons) |     .00063   .0002483       .000291    .0013639
                      x2: Identity              |
                                        var(_cons) |   .0010538   .0003623      .0005372    .0020673
                      x3: Identity       |
                                        var(_cons) |   .0011359   .0003524      .0006183    .0020865
                      x4: Identity       |
                                        var(_cons) |   .0009812   .0002465      .0005996    .0016056
                                     var(Residual) |   .0008576    .000049      .0007667    .0009594
                      LR test vs. linear model: chi2(4) = 818.57                Prob > chi2 = 0.0000

Note: LR test is conservative and provided only for reference.

end of do-file

. do "/var/folders/h1/zpcl3pqj4jj74ktqjmpjfl2w0000gp/T//SD04302.000000"

. mat var_res= exp(e(b)[1, colnumb(e(b), "lnsig_e:_cons")])^2
                      invalid syntax
                      r(198);

end of do-file

r(198);

Comment

Strange that you get an invalid syntax error. Can you run the following and copy and paste what you get.

Code:
                        mixed y || x1: || x2: || x3: || x4:
                        mat l e(b)
                        di _b[lnsig_e:_cons]
                        di exp(_b[lnsig_e:_cons])^2

Comment

Thank you Andrew, sorry for the delay.

Code:
                          . mat l e(b)

e(b)[1,6]
                               y:     lns1_1_1:     lns2_1_1:     lns3_1_1:     lns4_1_1:      lnsig_e:
                                     _cons         _cons         _cons         _cons         _cons         _cons
                          y1     .07053098    -3.6849256    -3.4276736    -3.3901789     -3.463374    -3.5306597

. di _b[lnsig_e:_cons]

. di exp(_b[lnsig_e:_cons])^2

Comment

Try

Code:
                            mixed y || x1:|| x2: || x3 || x4:
                            *RESIDUAL VARIANCE
                            mat var_res= exp(_b[lnsig_e:_cons])^2
                            *RE COVARIANCES
                            estat recovariance
                            forval i=2/5{
                            mat cov`i'=r(Cov`i')
                            }
                            mat cov=var_res\cov2\cov3\cov4\cov5
                            mat rownames cov = var(Residual) var(level2) var(level3) var(level4) var(level5)

Comment

Thank you Andrew, it does input it to Excel now!
                              The only issue is that 'var(level2) .00063' is in the same cell now. Is there any way I can separate them? or I need to use VBA to do that?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X