No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stata 15.0 crashes

Good morning,
    I am using Stata 15.0 and every so often the program crashes. This has happened using different datasets, regardless of the computational difficulty of the command used.
    I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem
    Thank you
    Stefania

Stefania:
    welcome to this forum.
    I think that you should address the issue to Stata Tech Support.
    Kind regards,
    Carlo
    (Stata 18.0 SE)

Comment

Did you update to the latest v15? Version 15.1 was very stable for me.

Comment

Stefania - welcome. This is a bit odd. I used v15 from its issuance until 16 came out and don't remember it crashing on any of my machines. I've used it on several Windows machines but no Mac or Linux.

I assume you've tried rebooting the machine and then running just Stata? Can you replicate the crashes then? If not, then maybe it is an interaction with something else your machine is running (and we all probably have slightly different background junk running). If it doesn't crash with nothing else running in the foreground, you can add other programs one at a time and see if it crashes.

If this doesn't work, I would endorse Carlo's suggestion and ask Stata tech support - this is the kind of thing that may take real computer and Stata expertise (and probably looking at some of the operating system log files) to diagnose.

Comment

Thank you all very much.
          I will raise the issue with Stata tech support as the problem keeps happening.
          Best wishes

Stefania

Comment

Working...
          X